Today Sage's cough started to get worse. Fearing a long and sleepless night fraught with anxiety about her breathing I called Dr. Rosenberg, her pulmonologist. I don't want to deal w/ the pediatrician on this issue anymore. Albuterol through the nebulizer has not been helping her cough either which is disappointing and I wanted to see if there was anything else we could be doing to give her some relief. I was surprised that the nurse told me to bring her in "right now". I was hoping that I could get her in today, so off we went. Dr. R. hasn't seen her when she has a cold and I wanted his opinion for sure.
The end result is that she is "good". He again called her "an angel". She followed all his instructions and was great while he did his short exam. The long and short is that her breathing was great, no wheezing and no signs of asthma, (WOOHOO!!!) just an annoying cough….really annoying…that prevents her (and us) from resting well. But at least I can put in my ear plugs tonight and try to get sleep and know she isn’t going to die! So for now we are stopping the albuterol, keeping her on Flovent, and once again giving her the oral steroid which should knock out the cough in 3 or so days. Dr. R. and I both feel that the best “cure” for Sage is likely to be summer. Time to pack up the brand new nebulizer, used all of 6 times, and pack it away!!!
As I’m writing Lance is getting his research done. He cancelled the appt. to look at the new Sienna. I knew he’d never go to the appt. Instead, he is looking at a 2006 Sienna tonight in Frederick. I'm actually surprised that he's looking at it since he was so set on waiting until Aug. to buy. Recently we compromised (not really) on July...but of course I was hoping for TOMORROW or maybe TONIGHT. I think that it's a pretty good deal. He’d better hurry or they’ll be closing when he gets there. It’s just like Lance to get there right at closing! We’ll see how it goes.
Melissa is just days ahead of me in her pregnancy and today found out the baby's gender. I'm not sure if I should announce it for her so I won't! :) It is wild to sit here knowing that I COULD know this baby's gender at this very moment....Lance & Ainsley really want to find out. Sage and I are happy waiting :)
Sage has been coughing the last 1.5 hours so I should go try some Benedryl. Poor baby.
Sienna Update: Lance just called me from his test drive. He was asking advise on $$ and negotiating. The van is already priced less than the Kelly blue book value so we shall see what happens!