Who knows when I'll ever have time to work my blog again...As soon as Jude is sleeping I get Sage busy and run around the house like a crazy lady trying to do the things that NEED to get done so that we can all function and have somewhat clean clothes on our, well, dirty bodies :) Having an 8pm bedtime (for myself) makes getting chores done very challenging.
I've been waiting for a long time to put Jude's name at the top of my blog. It feels good to have it there. I'm still getting used to saying his name out loud. For so long I just said it in my head when I thought about him. He is an easy baby. I'm so thankful. He is generally content and easy-going, only crying when he's hungry or sometimes when he's tired. His sisters are doing a great job adjusting to life with their baby brother. Jude is still a little yellow, but so much improved. I took him in for his two-week appt. last week and he had gained 8.5 ounces in 7 days. The pediatrician was really impressed with his weight gain as gaining .5 oz to 1 oz. per day is average. After getting his belly button cauterized twice, Jude finally has a normal belly button and can get his first bath!
Tomorrow morning we are taking Sage in for her pulmonology appt. with Children's Hospital. Today her nose is starting to run so I expect a long weekend of coughing and missing church. I hope I'm wrong but what I really hope is that the doctor we see tomorrow can figure out how to best help her and if how we're currently treating her (breathing treatments twice daily and Singulair) are appropriate for her. Please pray for that and that this on-coming cold won't be bad. She also has a horrible rash around her mouth that is the exact shape of the mask she wears when using the nebulizer. We're treating it as a yeast infection but I'm not seeing any improvement.
I've been most impressed with our pediatrician's office through Jude's birth and Sage's asthma woes. Dr. Hall was calling our home daily, if not twice daily, to check on Jude the first week-2 weeks of his life. She even called this Monday just to check on his belly button and to ask when Sage's pulmonology appt. is. She called us on the weekends also just to check in. Never once did I call her first. Lance told me that our health insurance will change in Jan. and I was worried that the new insurance wouldn't participate with Dr. Hall's office, but they do participate! Hooray.
Baby Jude is 3 weeks old today.
Just for giggles--
Lance asked Ainsley if she knew what "artificial" meant. She said, "it means it tastes good."
Lance asked Sage what she would like for Christmas if she could have only 1 thing. She said, "chocolate". Lance asked her what else she'd like, "a lollipop".
Another Sage Giggle-She'll put her hand on her heart and say, "My heart, I feel my heart. Jesus is in there". And yesterday she said, "Anay is my best friend". My favorite though is when Ainsley had the day off school and Sage said, "I won't have to miss you at the bus stop", meaning, I won't miss you today.
No comments:
Post a Comment