Sage made me laugh today. She was describing God to me. "He wears a yellow dress, has wings and he can fly."
Sage's favorite color is black and she LOVES chocolate. She will paint you 1,000 black pictures of black rain clouds, always grabs the black construction paper and black crayons and the black paint brush. So it makes sense that she has declared that she is having a "black chocolate birthday". I'm still trying to figure out what that is going to look like. Maybe some over-the-hill black balloons mixed with pink balloons and definitely a black chocolate cake. Suggestions???
Last week a mom called me to invite Ainsley to her daughter's birthday party. It was really last minute so I accepted without asking Ainsley first. I assumed she'd want to attend. Well. When I asked her she just sat there and thought about it for a good few minutes. The she said, "No, I don't want to go!". What??? "I don't have much time at home, so I want to stay at home with you guys". Gulp. Remember, I had already accepted the invitation (mental note to self---don't do that again!). But then I informed her it was at a gymnastics gym and she said, "of course I"ll go!" Whew.
We call Sage our bloodhound. She uses her nose like you wouldn't believe. She smells everything. She found a candy wrapper in our closet, picked it up, smelled it, and said, "where did this come from?" Blast. She caught me!
We recently dug out Ainsley's 3T clothes for Sage. They are a little big on her but that's just fine. She was THRILLED because there is an abundance of dresses for her to wear. And don't you know she asks to wear a dress every day, just like her sister.
Ainsley is such a great helper when she chooses to be. Yesterday we had 3 items we needed to drop off at 3 of our neighbor's homes and she eagerly took them up to the door for me so the rest of us could wait in the toasty van. It has been very cold here. It was 9 degrees today when Lance took her to her bus stop. Lance was so kind do take her for me! And then he picked Sage up from Mother's Day Out after his lunch which was a HUGE HUGE HUGE help. It takes forever to bundle everyone and Jude is usually screaming for some part of the pick up/drop off and I hate to have him out in this cold. THANK YOU LANCEY!!! Sage had a pee accident while at school. I was afraid that might happen. At least I didn't have to deal with it :)
No comments:
Post a Comment