Tuesday, January 13, 2009

We are THANKFUL!

Lance and I were both recently thinking something along the lines of, "Hmm. It seems like Sage has been healthy for quite some time now". So I did the math. Girlfriend has been healthy for 5 weeks! This is HUGE for her and for our family and we are THANKFUL. VERY, VERY THANKFUL! Thank you Lord for answering our prayers!!

Jude kept me busy over the weekend. Growth spurt #2 has come and gone. He nursed every 2.5 hours all weekend including at 2am and 5am both Sat. and Sunday. Little guy woke up with a double chin! Just as we thought we had his hair figured out, Lance informed me that his hair on the sides of his head is falling out. It looks lighter on top. Who knows. It's fun to watch it change.

Divide and conquer. That is how we manage these 3. Last night we had a b-day party for a neighbor at Chuckie Horrible Cheese so Lance stayed and suffered with the girls while Jude and I went to a women's dinner at church. I was famous for the night. Bring a baby into a room full of women and I win the popularity contest. It was really nice though b/c everyone wanted to talk to me. I was exhausted by the end of it all....trying to eat dinner, be social, nurse, come up with a skit, change a poop, act out a skit, nurse again, play another get-to-know-you game, change another poop.. I was sweating most of the night! I don't often wear a jacket anymore b/c I always end up sweating if I have Jude with me.

We visited a Vineyard church in Kensington this past Sunday. It is a small church. There were pros and cons of course. It is very small (40 adults) with few children (less than 10). Ainsley and Sage were in the same room with the babies. We are praying about what to do. I can see us being at either church but I don't want to put the energy into starting over unless the Lord tells us to switch. My prayer and heart's desire is that we will be at the church where we will spiritually grow the most and where are children will do the same. The next step is that we're going to try a Sunday school at our current church and see what that is like & if it helps us feel more plugged into the church.

I was hoping to post some pictures but it's too late. Maybe later this week.

No comments: