Now that I see how quickly the girls are growing up, I am trying to really cherish the baby stage with Jude. HOWEVER, it is a little difficult when he was up last night at 1am, 3am, 5am, 7.... Just a few weeks ago he was doing much better and only waking me up 1x a night around 4am.
It's never a good feeling to wake up and start off the day angry at your baby.I just have to go back to my mantra, "The days are long but the years are short". But as his mom the sleep issues consume me b/c they affect Lance and I so much. Poor Lance was so exhausted after being up most of the night with Jude on Monday that he napped from 9am-11:30am on Tues. Just 1 of the perks of working from home! Pray for Lance. He's working every night until 1am or even 2am these days.
All day long I'm trying to figure it out...maybe he's nursing for comfort? or trying to nurse back to sleep? or he wants to be with us? blah, blah, blah. Lance and I try to figure it out over lunch and by 7pm I am tired of going around and around in my head about it and I notice that I am easily frustrated by Jude today and have little patience for the girls. I have never ever had a baby addicted (lack of a better word) to swaddling but Jude is. If he is not wrapped up tight he will not sleep. That would be sleep prop #1. Sleep prop #2 is that he sleeps in his car seat and sleep prop #3 is that we hold him until he goes to sleep (this is especially frustrating when the girls need me but he needs me too). I can't remember when we broke the girls of their own sleep props and made them cry themselves to sleep or back to sleep but it obviously happened and they are fantastic sleepers. I should go look that up b/c it will be helpful. I get anxious that if we're doing all of these things still at 4 months to get him to sleep and keep him asleep that we'll be doing them until he's 2 years old and he'll be a terrible sleeper. But at the same time, he's just 4 months, right?? If only I could see into the future. This is my last baby to hold until he falls asleep.....
Any moms out there w/ young kids...I'm open to suggestions :)
2 comments:
Woo Hoo! I figured out how to leave a comment. If it makes you feel any better, Lauren did not sleep through the night until 14 months. Now, she is a fabulous sleeper, 6 or 7pm to 7am. Maybe the not sleeping through until 14 months will not make you feel better but the eventual fantastic sleeping might! We let her cry it out at 14 months and wished we had done that sooner! I hope Jude sleeps very well tonight!
Hey Cristie,
My Graham was addicted to swaddling as well. I got the swaddle blanket by Kiddopotomus and wrapped him up really tight. He slept that way for months - like until he was really rolling all over (so 6 months or so). If he could get his hands out, he would wake up - so we had to keep him wrapped up tight. The blanket was so helpful. He is not nearly as good a sleeper as Emma was and he has never been a good napper. I also have a friend whose child slept in the carseat in the crib. They slept better that way and at least the baby was still in the crib, getting used to it etc. Do you think he could have reflux? Both my kids had it and the carseat just helps them sleep better because they are upright. You can have silent reflux that is worse when you lay down. One other thing - Graham needed noise to sleep. I think he was used to the noise of the house, so when it was quiet it was too much for him... he slept the best to the hairdryer or vacuum -- I downloaded the sound of ITUNES and just burned it on a CD and played it quietly in his room and he slept much better that way (A white noise machine would probably do the same thing) Good luck - sleep issues just stink!
Post a Comment