Friday, September 18, 2009

The New Cold & lots of teeth

I have written 50 posts....in my head. The start of school has left me so exhausted at night I don't have the energy to write up anything. As we're getting into a routine, that should get easier.

Just wanted to write that Sage went without getting a cold for 2.5 months. She came down with a cold on Tues., mild fever Wed. and is coughing today. I thought I would be devastated for her, but I'm not. I have to admit, I get irritated listening to her cough all day though. Nice. Since her pulmonologist assured me 100Xs over that Sage likely does not have asthma, we've seen over and over that her 02 level remains great during these colds and that going to the hospital and giving her neb. treatments don't bring much relief, I can relax when she is sick. I don't freak out that she can't breath and might die. So, that is good, don't you think? The bummer is that since she coughs for several days, it pretty significantly limits what we can do as a family. You can take your kid to church with a runny nose but you'll get "the look" from other parents if your kid is coughing on their kid every minute.

However, Aunt Rhodie is still taking the girls for the night! Hooray. They are so so so excited. If Lance's cold doesn't take a turn for the worse, he plans to put baseboards in the girls' room which is good since Jude likes to eat the exposed drywall. I hope to paint some spots on the ceiling on the main level and maybe start to paint the baseboards. We'll get an estimate tomorrow on the banister that we need up to childproof the stairs. Jude is an explorer.

Jude and Ainsley are both cutting teeth! Crazy thing, Ainsley's baby teeth have not fallen out! She has 2 sets. Looks a little weird but the dentist said she sees it all the time. If they don't fall out in 6 months I'll need to take her in to get them pulled.

I was disappointed yesterday. I was afraid Jude had an ear infection ( he does not) but he has put on hardly any weight in a month (2 ounces with a wet diaper on). The doctor said "I hope he's not pulling a Sage on us". We chatted a bit about it...what foods to offer him, etc. He refuses baby food 90% of the time and will spit it right out. My guess is that since he is Mr. Adventurous, he is burning the calories off fast.

No comments: