Thursday, October 8, 2009

Back on Schedule

Well. I hate to say it but we have all had colds. While that doesn't mean much in most families, it is huge for ours. It means that Sage has been sick twice now in, yep, you guessed it, 3 weeks. To say that I am disappointed is a huge understatement. I try not to let my brain go where it should not. That's not easy for me. Several times this week I have had the questions "How will she survive in kindergarten if she misses school every 3 weeks?" and "How will I be able to go back to work if she's sick every 3 weeks?" come into my head. But, our God is a big God and we can continue to pray for her health AND her going to school is years away. Just a bummer now that she is already missing preschool for the second time in a month because she really likes going and I pay a lot for it! I have to say, though, my anxiety is sooooo much better now that I don't have to worry about her dying when she coughs. After another winter of coughing I'll be numb to it. I've been praying about that some...that I won't get anxious or grumpy or annoyed with all the coughing. It seems like such a dumb thing to pray about, but it isn't for me. Unless you've heard her cough every 30 seconds for 3 days in a row, you have no idea what it is like. I can't imagine what her poor body feels like. My poor Sage. But she is in good spirits! I have to mention though that 4 our of the 5 of us have had this cold. So, it shouldn't be surprising that she also go it. I just hope that the next cold is months away for her and that we are not truly returning to her getting sick every 3 weeks.

Moving on....Somehow Sage figured out how to spell her name. I haven't really worked on it with her but she said that I was the one that taught her to spell it. I was quite surprised when she spelled it for me!

I asked Sage if she knew her middle name. She looked up to the sky and said, "um, Sagey?" Nope. That is what Ainsley calls her (and I hope it doesn't stick!). She looked up to the sky again, "Sagey-poo?". Nope. That is what Lance calls her. The funny thing is that I call her Sage Elizabeth frequently but I guess that one just doesn't stick in her mind. Silly girl.

No comments: