This is my facebook status (ie-a quick way to get the word out!)
Jude has had NO fever this morning! Thank you for praying. Last night was not too bad. Although, we did remember (at 2:30am) that his 103.4 was really a 104.4 b/c Lance took J's temp. under his arm. But by the time we remembered this, his temp. was already coming down. God is good. He is grumpy today but I'm sure it's from the lack of sleep. A cool washcloth to his head really helped. Thanks again
ps-to my mommy friends...I've been learning about fevers today from an "expert" mommy. Her daughter regularly gets fevers of 105. When to worry--107 is when brain damage can occur. If fever is high and you CANNOT GET IT DOWN with meds. that is also when it's time to worry. A cool washcloth to the noggin is the best way to get fever down while you wait for the drugs to kick in (I was alternating Tyl. and Motrin every 3 hours and very thankful for both drugs!). A cool bath is too shocking to their system. I have to say, we gave him a bath (before I learned this) and it was awful. He was so cold, shivering and turning blue. I had to ask Lance to take over...couldn't stand to see Jude like that. Of course, this is all just from another mommy, not a doctor. Our doctor ( I called yesterday) wanted to see Jude if his fever went to 104 but I am not taking him unless it spikes again. I don't want to take all my kids (A. has the day off) to the nasty doctor's office during cold and flu season unless it's absolutely necessary!
No comments:
Post a Comment