Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Where we've been

Well. We went to NC and back for Thanksgiving and it was a great trip. Jude had a bit of a hard time on the ride home as we were delayed an hour by traffic but we made it. This trip south was different. The kids are getting older and it's getting easier to travel and keep them entertained while we're visiting. It was really nice and we are thankful!

Every one's health: Sage is doing well. She still has some bouts of coughing when she first wakes up but nothing remarkable. But I do still hear every cough. Every. single. time. I'm giving the kids a vitamin D supplement and Elderberry which is supposed to boost immunity. I'm not holding my breath.

Jude: I don't think I had time to post before our trip but Jude did end up with an ear infection in his right ear. He was not sleeping well and I figured he had one. You know, b/c the puking, coughing, and wheezing were not enough for this poor kid. I'm so thankful I took him in and did not have to take him to the ER in NC for otitis media! We caught the infection in the early stage so the doc was pretty confident it would clear up easily w/ the antibiotic. The bummer is that Jude's weight has not increased much. In 3 months he's only gained 8 ounces and is somewhere between the 2nd and 3rd percentile for weight (50% for height). That's not enough weight gain. Why are we so obsessed with weight in this country?? We want them fatter when they're babies but thinner when they get older.
For now, we are doing nothing but she asked me to come back in 4-6 weeks to weigh him and just make sure he doesn't start losing. Since Jude has begun walking he is non-stop...walking all over, everywhere, everyplace, all day. I think he tried to run yesterday. He loves this new stage. However, I don't think the lack of weight gain is due to that as it's been slow progress for him in that dept. over the past several months. She mentioned that we might start him on Pediasure depending on his next appt. Whatever. I'm over it. Does she remember that Sage is my daughter?? What I wouldn't give to be in the 3rd percentile for weight!
I was also able to ask about his hair loss. As long as he still has eyebrows and eyelashes, we're good.

Jude's schedule: return to the doctor in 2 weeks for his ear check
12/17 2nd dose of H1N1 (yes, we decided to have our kids vaccinated)
4-6 weeks get him weighed
8-10 weeks 15 month check up & shots

Somewhere in there Ainsley is getting her H1N1 dose #1 and Sage needs her dose #2. Of course those have to all be separate and different visits to keep me driving in the same circle that I do over and over and over and over and over.

Ainsley bop: Healthy as a horse. I'm so thankful! Ainsley got in trouble in music class yesterday (she said she talks too much) and was put on "tier 1" as a consequence at school. It's so frustrating as I can't get the full story out of her but in the end, it didn't matter. We opted not to have a consequence at home since the school has already dealt with it. Heck, I have enough discipline issues to deal with at home, let alone school! Interestingly enough, she volunteered this info as soon as she got off the bus. Also of interest, the only time she got in trouble last year was with this same teacher. Hmmm. Ains says that music class is "boring" and that her teacher is "stupid". Ouch. We don't even say that word in our house! Of course, if it continues I'll call the teacher. I thought it was funny when A. said, "I can get in trouble 6 times and still get to go to the behavior celebration at the end of the month". Way to practice the math skills, firstborn!

Sorry for the long read. I like to detail the health stuff for myself.

2 comments:

Miss Mommy said...

Love the long post! Reminds me I need to check in about Grace's #2 H1N1 and #1?? for Cate.

Lana said...

Glad you posted about the second H1N1 dose! I need to call about Carmen's!