"Who beat you up?" is the first question the doc asked Jude yesterday. He looks ROUGH. He has been sick, sick, sick. I have never seen such gross green and brown stuff come out of a child's nose and eyes. It is so typical for my family that our first real outing after all this crazy weather is a trip to the pediatrician. Diagnosis: a nasty ear infection.
He has been quite unhappy which is so unlike him. The NP again asked, "Where are his teeth?" . So he's behind. Who cares??? Very behind (6 months) but it's just teeth.
Back to the ear-we are thankful for Sat. morning hours at the doc's office, antibiotics and motrin. We are nebbing Jude twice a day w/ pulmicort with the hope that when this becomes respiratory for him he will not wheeze.
Each of us has a tiny bit of this cold. Lance and I just got over colds and now have sore throats. Sage's nose is a bit runny and 1 eye is a bit icky in the mornings. But come hell or high water (or snow!) she IS going to have a birthday party at Chuckie Cheese. I'm super excited to party with that rat! Cabin fever can change a person! I've thought of rescheduling her party. But in all honesty, if I reschedule she will be sick at that time too. If she really starts to cough, but can still have fun, I might put a surgical mask on her and warn parents before her party b/c she WILL have this party! Until then, it's lots of vitamin C and zinc for this family.
We've finally started working on night time potty training w/ Sage. I just didn't care enough about it in the past and frankly, I like my sleep! But she has done well this week. Last night she slept in her panties, not a diaper. She woke at 11p, 3a, and 6a for a potty break. The girls are getting up so early these days. It's really frustrating! 1 more bedroom would sure be nice!

No comments:
Post a Comment