Friday, June 4, 2010

Dad's Tues. update...a little late.

Sorry-life is busy.  Here's Dad's weekly update.

Dear Family and Friends,
 
We are at the end of Week 3 or the beginning of Week 4 depending upon how you look at it.  Barb was here this week-end; now I have a complete list of everything I'm doing wrong!
 
Actually, we had a great week-end beginning with lunch at Deerfield Country Club with a really nice fellow I met at church which is from N. Wilkesboro, and then dinner Friday night with two other couples from the Compound, down on the water, very nice.   Saturday morning, we went to the Arts Market which is a classy flea market followed by a stop at the Cummin Museum which is really top-drawer art museum.  Need to go back there.
 
Later Saturday, we visited Amelia Island, the little town of San Fernandina which although a tourist trap is well done, complete with carriage rides and lots of ice cream.  Sunday, we went down the coast stopping to wander into the surf on the way to St. Augustine.  St. Augustine, you can have that one; it has been destroyed by develolpment and commercialization.  But I did get to the old fort for the cannon firing, quite an operation.  Amazing how similar that fort is to Fort Moultie down on the NC coast.
 
Monday was getting ready for the airport for the plane that was two hours late.  Fortunately, the plane from Charlotte was also two hours late.
 
I should have completed 16 treatments by the end of the week which is 41% of the total.  We are running a bit behind schedule.
 
There are some side effects to this treatment; remember that what we are doing is killing cells with with proton beam.  The body knows that something is going on.  But there are ways to accommodate to the discomfort with things like Aleva and cranberry capsules..  And staying busy helps also.  So far, we are doing ok.  We patients frequently compare notes.
 
Thank you for your continuted prayerful support.  I'll keep you informed.
 
Best to all,
 
Bob K.
 
 

No comments: