Friday, August 20, 2010

NC trip--the recap






I took 2 cameras to NC and probably took 4 pictures...and I'm too wiped out to get off the couch to download any right now....so you can just amuse yourselves with these that make me giggle.
We had a really nice visit with family and friends in NC. We drove down Sat. and came back early to attend Carmen's funeral tonight.
Sunday my parents watched the kids so Lance and I could scout out Ft. mill, SC to see if we'd consider living there next. We enjoyed our time there and are now in process/research/prayer mode. We went in 2 open houses and drove by lots of schools and though numerous neighborhoods.  that evening we got to hang w/Lori, Andrew and baby Maddox. it was a treat.
Monday we had a playdate w/ Sara and all the men in her life. It was a great time and fun for everyone.
Tues. Dad, Mike and I took the kids to Spencer to the train museum. my first ever roundhouse and the girls rode the train up w/ the conductor!
Wed. we met up w/ the Medlins at the children's museum in G'boro. it was great fun but I was so glad to have dad's help on all of these outings! that evening was so much fun....dad's co-worker took us out on his boat. swimming, pizza, and the girls got to drive the boat. they loved it. jude cried some b/c he couldn't swim as far out as ainsley and that's where the boy wants to be....w/ his sisters!
People keep asking how Dad is doing. I can hardly tell a difference in him, if at all, so that seems good to me. the man never complains.
Tonight was Carmen's funeral. It was very nice, at times very difficult, and glorified God in every way. It was video taped so it will be available on the web at a later time.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: