Saturday, September 18, 2010

Sage starts preschool

Sage started preschool this week.  She marched right into her class and was happy to be there.  Her teachers this year are Mrs. Yazurlo and Mrs. Bahls.  Ainsley had these teachers also.  She is at school from 9a-1pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. This allows us to go to Bible Study on Wednesdays. As you can see, it's a pretty busy week which is just fine with me!

I recently found this write up at the bottom of a pile of papers on my desk that I had completely forgotten about came across Sage's end of the year statement from her teacher last year and decided it was definitely worth posting.  This is from Mrs. Hayes from last year...

 "Though very quiet Sage has a real presence in our class.  She is apparently equally happy to play with some one as by herself-and recently we have begun to see her alter-ego-the one who is WAY less reserved, quiet and really pretty mischievious.  Both of whom are delightful and a joy to know.  Sage pretty much arrived knowing how do the the school thing and has only improved.  She knows her colors and shapes, is a good counter and apparently knows some letters. I wish her all the best next year and will miss her-though it'll be good to wave in the morning."
------
On a completely different note, Sage is rockin' her therapy. She's seen the therapist only twice now. When she works with Beth she is about 95% on target at sentence level which is HUGE. This week with the promise of a donut that I bribed her with she has been letting me correct her and she'll also correct herself. Self correction is also HUGE, especially at this age. I'm careful to watch the placement of her tongue so that she does not lisp but it's not much of an issue anymore. I'm thrilled! She's also working on vocalic "r" but not as much as the "s" right now.

No comments: