Monday, November 22, 2010

from the 'burg to the 'burgh

I think most everyone now knows that Lance has accepted a job w/ Google and will begin 1/24/2011.  We are very excited about this job, the opportunity for Lance and the new beginning for our family.  We have a few dear friends and family in MD that we will miss, but I don't think we'll miss MD much at all.  Who know, I could be wrong.  We'd love your prayers on some things:

1. HOUSING. It's the worst time of year to be looking for housing and to attempt to rent out our home.  We are choosing to rent a home in PA.  We don't know how long we will rent (at least 1 year but maybe longer) so we want to find a house we really like.
2. That being said, we have Plan A and Plan B. Plan A is to find a home in Jan. that we love and move in in time for Lance to start work.  We think we know which school district we want but have yet to step inside the schools of course..  Plan B is for Lance to live in temporary housing provided by Google and me stay here until spring when the market is better for finding a home and renting out ours.

Lots to do and think about, but overall, we are very thankful for this opportunity!  This job is definitely a God-thing. Lance was not looking, they sought him out.

1 comment:

Brad and Lauren Holmes said...

I am going to miss you and your sweet family! We have been sick in our household too and its been difficult to get in touch! I would LOVE to see you before the move and I will definitely be praying for the house situation. :-)