Thursday, December 2, 2010

I shall put this post off no more!

We recently decided to clean up the back yard while the weather was still nice.  Sarah had lent us the pink house and it was time to clean that  thing up and return it to her backyard. Poor house was covered in mildew, bird pooh, and spiders.  Here, Ainsley is scrubbing the mess off of the roof. Jude is dipping his sponge into the large tub of water and getting ready to help. Sage was helping Lance repair the fence that ainsley had kicked in several places and broken. It was a nice way to spend an hour as a family.
Jude is scrubbing for exactly 22 seconds....with quite a smile on his face...and chatting with Ainsley.
But boy who sees large plastic object on ground MUST climb it! I believe that is a rule somewhere. His pants are covered in water....another rule.

And here, my son is singing loudly to his sister.

Thanksgiving
We enjoyed a low-key turkey day w/ lance's family.  Lance and I did absolutely NOTHING. It feels better to confess it.  Rhonda hosted (like a champ) and Lori and Rhonda fed us a lovely spread.  Ladies, thank you so much for doing all the work! That includes the driving!  I think my tailbone was actually sore from all the sitting I did at Rhodie's. When we got home I noticed that I was relaxed, more patient with the kids, and our family felt a tad bit more bonded (to me anyway, Lance would never say such crazy things).
Rhodie and I took the girls to Hershey Park on Friday and had a BLAST. It was cold as junk but the lines were few and they loved it. Oh! The smiles and squeals! It was awesome. Great idea, Rhodie! I'm more excited now about taking them to Disney in Jan.
All in all, I'd give our t-giving an A. I can't give it an A+ though b/c Jude was sick some of it. that's always a bummer. Doc saw him this past Monday and said he did have fluid in his ear but she could not be certain that it was infected the previous week (she had called in a rx for antibiotic while we were in PA). We did agree that if he didn't have an ear infection, it was a sinus infection b/c he was such a different cowboy after just 1 or 2 doses of medicine.

Move Update
There isn't one.
Just kidding, not really.
The dude from the relocation office called and my heart started to pump quicker as we were talking through things...I'm sure he appreciated my answers. "um, I'm not sure where we're moving to or when, thanks for calling".  Seriously, he is sending someone out to survey our junk possessions and street so they'll know what kind of truck and crew to send out.
We are heading back to Pittsburgh Dec. 15th to look at rentals w/ the realtor.  Ron and Lori have graciously agreed to watch the kids....even after their terribly long trip home after t-giving! God bless them and their car! Will you please pray for this trip??? We really want to nail down a rental so we can start planning. We're hoping to see 6 houses. I'm feeling a bit more anxious about things in general. The constant twitching in my muscles has amped up in the past few days.  Because, you know, constant isn't enough on it's own.
It doesn't help when I tell someone at Bible study that we're moving and they ask "when?" and I say...."uh. I don't know. maybe Jan. maybe not" and their eyes bug out of their head and jaw drops to the ground. Not that that happened or anything. Since you asked., here are my top picks for prayers. 1. school district stuff!!! we need wisdom! I am extremely anxious about this! 2. housing, for a rental that works really great for our family, price (they are expensive!!), location  3. getting plugged in.....particularly w/ a church. 5 years living here and I don't love our church. We need a fabulous church!
sorry for the terribly long post.  Night!



Posted by Picasa

No comments: