Thursday, February 10, 2011

5:17am wake up call

I'm not sure which is worse.  A 5:17am phone call from the school telling us of another 2 hour delay (for extreme cold) or the fact that i was already awake b/c Jude was crying at 5am.  All of that to say, it's COLD. I have never lived anywhere where school is delayed b/c of the cold.  It was 2 degrees this morning and it felt like -7. Ouch.

Interestingly enough, Sage's school "does not do delays". That's what the emails say to me time and time again. So, when Ainsley is delayed, Sage is not. Everyone gets to go to the preschool and back and then to the elementary school 1.5 hours later.  It keeps life interesting, that's for sure. I cannot understand how working parents do it.

Today was preschool registration. I signed my baby up for 2 mornings a week starting next fall.  Lance asked me what class I was going to put Sage in....then he remembered that she goes to school next year. Unbelievable.

Special thanks to Lancey for taking care of the kids and meeting me at the preschool this morning so that I did not have to have the whole crew with me at registration.  I was the first one there and the first one out! Hooray.

No comments: