I am so thankful that we all stayed relatively healthy throughout the holidays and big move. Sage had her usual cough pretty bad for about 8 days but we know how to "treat" that as best we can at home/hotel, etc. I have been putting off finding a new doc for the kids until I had an insurance card but had 1 in mind that I was going to use that came recommended from a preschool mom. Today was the day. Ainsley woke up with a rash covering her chin and surrounding 1 eye. It was itchy but not unbearable. I was certain of 1 thing. Her school would not appreciate her being there. She looked a little rough. I was so sad for her...missing her valentine party and all.
I called this doctor's office and the receptionist told me I could speak to a nurse about whether or not I should bring Ainsley in or send her to school. Well. The doctor picked up the phone instead. He welcomed me to PA and went on and on about how great of an area Pittsburgh is to raise kids. Turns out this office has a phone hour from 8-9am where you can talk directly w/ a doctor. How about that???
Anyway, he thought I should bring her in...So the 4 of us took Sage to preschool and then went to the doctor. He thinks it's a virus and told me to give her Benedryl every 6 hours and calamine lotion for the itchy. Well, let me tell you....it has gotten much worse over the course of the day. Poor baby. She looks really rough now. The rash is all over her face which is now slightly swollen. So, no school tomorrow and another phone call during the 8-9am phone hour.
On a different note...I am reminded of the fact that 5 years ago right now I had just called Rhodie to come to the house to watch Ainsley b/c I was in labor w/ Sage. Which also reminds me that I have some birthday presents to wrap! Goodnight.
No comments:
Post a Comment