Yep. We had the car in the house for a bit. Kids loved it. Lance did not. Out it went. Yep, Jude is standing on it and should not be. Nope, he didn't get hurt. He's good like that.
With some distraction from Grandpa Good, Lance was finally able to cut this boy's hair. In some places, he cut off a good 2 inches.
It's been an okay week, psychologically. Not a great one, certainly not terrible. I have to remind myself that I often felt isolated while living in MD as well. It's just a stay-at-home-mom thing, not a Pittsburgh thing. It's very had to be content with my day when I'm wishing for some more adult stimulation or just a different way to use what is left of my brain, or I spend most of my awake hours wondering what it will take to actually get my kids to listen to me on the first time and not put up a fight. It leads to those "grass is greener" thoughts that are not healthy or helpful. And so I return to my mantra, "The days are long, but the years are short" and try to focus on the positives and move on!
I've also been wrestling with the fact that I'm now raising my kids in All-White-People-Pittsburgh, USA. Really, there's nothing I can do about it (that's how I reason with myself while I drive along these curvy roads)....this is where the job is....this is where the house is and the good schools .... we did not seek out white people :).......I just feel like it's such a disservice to my kids.
Physically, the kids have all had runny noses. Jude was up at least 3 times last night. He seems okay today so I put off taking him to the doctor. Sage is likely starting w/ her normal crud & cough so we'll see how she is over the next 2 days or so. If she is going to get sick, Friday would be great b/c I could just take her along for Ainsley's appt. It's all about convenience, right? :) The last time I took Sage in to the pediatrician, she thought Sage's lungs sounded tight....that was disturbing for me to hear, especially since we gave up on asthma drugs years ago. I'd like her to be listened to again while she is sick. Time will tell. I'd also like to get Sage off these additional drugs though (for the supposed reflux and confirmed sinusitis). I don't think they are working for her or helping her overall health. That idea can take me down anxiety lane though.....the "what will we have to do next either for or to her" thought. Thankfully, the antibiotic has not torn up her stomach as the doctor warned. Yogurt w/ additional probiotics is a mandatory snack around here when my kids are on antibiotics.
Thanks for reading. I don't know why you do!
1 comment:
I appreciate you so much! I love your honesty and as I have said before, miss you so much! I will be calling you soon, friend!
Post a Comment