Monday, March 28, 2011

March Madness

Lance teaching the girls about checking oil in the van. Otherwise known as "the-Sunday-afternoon-girls-need-an-activity-b/c-they-are-running-around-the-house-like-crazies" activity.
ainsley and liam
Riley!
the boys saying "cheese" at the top of their lungs
March has been good to us. We've had lots of visitors and enjoyed our time with each group that has visited. First, it was Erin and her dearly missed boys. Then it was the Goods and Kings. Each time we drive by or play at Squaw Valley Park I think of the Zimmers and am amazed that our first friends to visit us live in Florida, of all places! With the Good/King crew we ventured to the Pitt. Zoo and Aquarium. I believe it took us all of 12 minutes to get there from our front door. Beautiful. We had a great first visit to the zoo.

It feels like a "big" week to me in some ways. Tomorrow I will officially register Sage for Kindergarten. The thought of it makes me even more anxious to get her health issues sorted out but all we can do is wait and see if the changes we've made to her diet and the meds are helping. In truth, I am not hopeful at all that the meds and diet changes will make a difference. But it's the least invasive route with which to start.

 On Friday, Ainsley is getting her ears pierced for her 8th Birthday. She has been asking for over 2 years. Lance could care less about when she gets them pierced so why fight it? She is also getting her physical completed at the same appt. w/ the pedicatrician. Oh no, we'll be skipping Claire's Boutique, thank-you-very-much and getting them pierced by the pediatrician. Times have changed, baby. My mom once shared with me a story about how she had Mike's b-day party after his actual b-day and he was not so happy about it as a kid. Ainsley's pediatrician is on vacation 3 weeks of April so it was either April 1 or April 29th. Closer to her actual birthday we'll be shopping for her heels. That's right. Earings and high heels. Lord, help me.

With the birth of Spring, Lance and I have started attending a small group.  So far, we are enjoying it.  It's all couples in the same age range and all have young kids.  In fact, I think I am the oldest member!  And, Ainsley is the oldest child. We also have the youngest child...I think that just means we have more kids then anyone in the group....However, we leave our kids at home w/ sitters b/c the group meets 30 minutes from our home. We get home close to 9pm. 

Never in my life have I used babysitters as much as in the past few weeks.  I was on a mission to find good sitters and lots of them b/c I don't have friends yet that I can swap childcare with....and that does not always work anyway.  It's surprising to me just how many doctor and dentist appointments there are to be made for the kids and when you throw me starting up physical therapy twice a week, watch out!  Thank the Lord (really!) that Jude's preschool teacher is 1 of 6 siblings.  The younger 4 babysit and drive.

More musings later.

No comments: