Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Lice in Our Good House

 One day's worth of clean laundry. It's actually a smaller pile today. Much smaller.

I just cried and cried when these were delivered to me today.  Melissa, thank you so much for brightening my day and week.  
***
I will try to keep this post short and end on a positive. It has been a very hard week of illness here.  We have had to cancel all of our plans for spring break including having some dear friends from MD up for a few days to pal around with. I found lice on Ainsley's head on her birthday. I am soooo glad we celebrated the Saturday before her big day.  That post is next! She was scratching her head much more than normal.  That was my tip-off. 
It has been a very humbling and extremely overwhelming experience. I guess that's how it is though when you're dealing with an illness and time is of the essence.  We never had lice as kids so I was completely clueless about how to handle the situation AND there is tons of conflicting information about how to deal with it...or shall I say "them".  I've called or emailed everyone we were around in the 2 days before we found the bugs.  That was hard. 
It took me several hours to get through her hair on Monday and I was not confident in what I was doing. I cried. The question, "What if Sage or I get this next?" kept running through my head.Melissa thought I should look into getting some help and I'm so glad I did!  A professional guy came out today from Ohio to go through everyone's hair.  He found 2 nits on Sage and 2 on me. And a lot more on A's hair. Alot. He said she did not have a bad infestation, and has likely had it just a few week. ick. He guarantees his work for 30 days. A few hours after he left, I searched A's head and found some nits.  I called and he came back. Thankfully, he was not to Ohio yet. He was really embarrassed that he had missed them and he and I found 2 more nits on her.  He said a re-infestation was sure to come in 2 weeks if I had not phoned him.  Even though he missed a few and I'm not 100% that we're all clear I'm feeling much better about life in general.  I'm hoping to go somewhere with the kids tomorrow, maybe the zoo or the JumpZone. All depends on the weather.  It's time to have some fun!

No comments: