I really, really love where we live. I love Fox Chapel and I love "our" property. It's absolutely beautiful. It's also wonderful to not own it :) So, I enjoy it everyday because I'm pretty sure in 16 months we'll be packing up boxes again. One of the things I enjoy about the property, is the constant entertainment. This week we saw 4 beautiful cardinals at the same time in the yard. The week before 7 blue jays were fighting for birdseed. We see deer everyday and recently, these wild turkeys.
Since we've moved and the girls are no longer sharing a room, they have been sleeping in a bit more. I actually have to wake Ainsley up most mornings around 7:30. This is a beautiful thing. However. This morning, she came bounding down the stairs to our room at 7:00 on the dot. Apparently the male turkey that the kids have named "Pillow" ... because he fluffs himself up constantly and looks hilarious...woke her up. He was right outside her room and his "gobble gobble" gobbled her out of bed. She thought that was great!
I did not have my zoom lens handy. Sorry for the far away pics.
_____
ps-I failed to update you on Sage. She still has a bit of a junky, productive cough but has been to school this week and is doing fine with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment