I'm writing to you from the road. I might as well make use of the 8 hour trip, right? Pictures later this week.
Once again we vacationed in Cape Charles, VA. Overall, it was wonderful. It did start off a little rocky as both Ainsley and Sage got stung by jelly fish and Jude decided that sleeping in the pack-n-play was for babies, not him. Vinegar helped the stings and we put a spare mattress over the pack-n-play to keep our monkey boy in it. 1 time he climbed out of it and I found him on the top bunk in the girls' room! Jude also gave up his pacifier right before our trip (he cut the top off of it to get a green robot) and I'm sure that did not help him adjust to the new environment. By mid-week he was back to his normal routine and he even napped 2 days on the beach which was lovely.
We enjoyed the Chesapeake Bay and its shallow water. Then we hit the Atlantic for 2 days and the kids rode the waves on their boogie boards. It was so fun for everyone but kept us incredibly busy. In between water play we visited the library for a magic show and the Eastern Shore National Wildlife Museum/Preserve (low-budgetsville museum). 1 morning we rented a boat for fun.
I'm so thankful that we have the opportunity to vacation. We always return home a little blonder, browner, and a whole lot more bonded as a family.
If you're reading this on Sunday and you have the time, pray for safe travel and sanity. It will be a looooong day on the road and it is pouring rain.
No comments:
Post a Comment