| This is Ainsley's current "normal". She bundles in a blanket, grabs a book, turns on Pandora, and spends quality time? with the hamster, Claire. |
Wiki says, "Djungarian hamster (Phodopus sungorus), also known as the Siberian hamster or Russian winter white dwarf hamster, is a species of hamster in the genus Phodopus". She is cute. I don't think she'll get any bigger and that is fine with me. Claire is named after our MD neighbor, Claire Meyer. :) The past 2 weeks have felt very busy. Both cars needed inspection and new tires. 3 of us getting weekly allergy shots is COMPLETE INSANITY. 3 doctor's appointments every week for at least the next 6 months. I pray these shots help because, frankly, this sucks. Last weekend was unusually busy for us. We started off the day with Jada's 5k. It was TERRIBLE weather. Cold and raining. But people came and together we raised $33,000 for Jada's medical needs!!! Jada is considered cancer free right now and hoping for a new leg sooner than later. Ainsley and I attended a First Communion service for a neighbor at 5pm Sat. and at 7pm Lance and I were out the door to a birthday party for a different neighbor. It was our first ever 40th birthday celebration. Uh oh. There was plenty of excitement when the woman I was talking to passed out cold right in front of my eyes. She was fine and had had very little to drink. I'll admit that I had to sit down after the event b/c I was afraid I'd be the next to land on the floor. I am a complete wimp! Speaking of wimpy, I "helped" Sage dissect a fish at school 2 weeks ago. I have no idea why my 6 year old is already dissection things but it was good. I was so happy to have one of the teachers at my table to help b/c I was clueless. What an experience, though, for my Sage! I've been down with laryngitis all this week. Today I finally have most of my voice back but could do without 3am coughing fits. It was a very long week for me. Lance blessed me with a Living Social (like a Groupon) house cleaning deal for only $55! Fabulous! |

No comments:
Post a Comment