Hi there.
Sage and Ainsley both had fabulous first days at school. They came off the bus with smiles on their faces and Ainsley said, "Mrs. F (her teacher) is awesome!" After an hour of playing outside Ains said she did not feel well...that was Wed. Today is Sat. My girl is SICK.
I must say that Ainsley is the BEST patient ever. Her list of ailments is long and unpleasant. Despite them, she is pleasant as can be and just rests in bed all day. HIGH fever of 103 for the last 4 days, headache, dizziness upon standing, mild dehydration, tummy pain (tummy pain was just awful on thurs.) and a sore throat. Even at 3am Thursday morning she was asking to go to school and cried and cried because she could not go. Rough to start off by missing two days of school!
I took her to the doctor today. The rapid strep test was negative. I'm still hoping tomorrow's will be positive! Antibiotics would be welcome here! If she still has a fever on Monday, we'll do bloodwork to rule in/out Mono. Ainsley's throat is fire engine red and she has swollen lymph nodes so we don't think this is anything linked to a mosquito or tick bite. I'm encouraged because I know a mom with 4 kids here. Her kids all had a similar virus this month and that's all it was, a virus. If you have time to pray for a speedy recovery, that would be great. She feels awful about missing so much school already. Please also pray that NO ONE ELSE IN THIS HOUSE GETS THIS VIRUS. We have a trip planned next weekend......
Also-as I write this I feel pretty positive that Ainsley's dehydration is much better as we've been working diligently to get her to drink Gatorade and eat at least 1/2 a popsicle at a time.
No comments:
Post a Comment