Sunday, September 23, 2012

Life in our house

Here's a sample of life from our past week.


  • Sage lost her first tooth!!! It was just dangling and came out when she was brushing her teeth before school.  It was so much fun! It was a great way to start the day b/c I'll be honest, mornings have been hard around this house. Sibling rivalry sucks. The tooth fairy brought her a dollar and some chocolates. She asked me, "Why do the chocolates the tooth fairy brought me look just like the ones from daddy's work?"  ha ha ha ha.  Not sure how much she believes in the fairy.
  • We've begun saving for braces as Sage's adult teeth are coming in way behind her two bottom teeth at 45 degree angles. No joke.  We call her our "orthodontia baby". 
  • Ainsley began orchestra. She gets a lesson at school (hooray for FREE!) and also practices Fri. mornings from 8-8:40 before school (hooray for easy on this mom's schedule!)
  • Jude began his 3 days a week 9-2:15 preschool schedule.  He loves it but was a crazy, exhausted lunatic by Thurs. afternoon.  He did tell me that some kids were having a hard time separating from their moms and that they were crying alot. I asked him if he cried and he laughed and said, "No, dat would be embarrassing".
  • Over 2 years ago Lance lost 20 pounds and has kept it off.  He has finally agreed that he needs a wardrobe update as none of his clothes fit him well.  Some people are slow to agree to these things.  I am not one of them. My man has been reading men's fashion blogs. Yes, you read that right. Pick yourself up off the floor. He does work for Google Shopping you know.  His research has proven worth the effort.  He's finally not swimming in his clothes and looking for words such as "slim fitting" and "tailored fit" before purchasing. 
  • Melissa asked me to join an online group with her regarding fitness and health.  Neither of us really had a clue what we were getting into but it was free.  It's been hard but great.  We have this online support group to help us change our eating habits with the hope of eating better and wiser.  6 small planned out meals a day, no snacking at night, measuring out portions, accountability pictures each day,  etc. I've lost an inch off my waist in a week and ran a 9:38 mile. BAM!  My kids now eat raw spinach several days a week and we are all consuming more water. It is definitely a work in progress but worth the effort.
  • This past Thurs. was the first day I subbed at the girls' school as a lunchroom/recess monitor.  This is not for the wild $22 I earn, it's to be present at their school more.  It was very eye opening.
  • We continue to press on with these darn weekly allergy shots for 3 of us.  The girls miss school weekly to fit them in.  10 more weeks and then we go to twice a month. Finally. It's no picnic lugging 3 kids to the doctor and then being forced to sit in that tiny room for 30 minutes at a time.  This week we get both flu and allergy shots. Hooray for 2 doctor's appointments with all 3 kids (note my sarcasm).
  • I'm getting a new cell phone. again. There is no point in having one if it does not work and mine does not work at many places including our home and the bus stop which is really important at times.  I'm hoping to keep the same number but will let you know if that changes. 
  •  Lance continues to work in Jude's class twice a month on Sundays. I'm still working with the middle school youth. This year it's not nearly as convenient as we meet on Tues. nights rather than Sundays at church.  40 min. drive each way.  But I really love the kids so I've committed to doing it this year.  Reality is that once Ains is in 6th grade I'll be looking for a different way to volunteer anyway.
  • October is looking like it's going to be super busy for our family with a baby shower, halloween, birthday party, visitors, etc. Should be fun!

No comments: