Sunday, October 6, 2013

A wild week

It has been a wild week in our house. I do not like wild weeks but we survived.  On Tuesday evening our neighbor's German Shepherd attacked and bit Sage. Thankfully, it bit her on the bottom.  I don't have much time for details but she is fine. She did not need to go to the doctor. The wound is rather superficial and we are keeping an eye on it. She has a wicked and huge bruise.  However, I was on the phone numerous times with the pediatrician's office and the neighbor's vet as well.  The dog is to be quarantined 10 days blah blah blah.  It was late for it's rabies vaccination, but not too late.  It is highly unlikely that it has rabies.

Prior to this horrific event occurring I had already been in communication with a local woman about adopting her dog. Crazy timing. So, Sage gets bitten on Tues and on Thurs we are welcoming a new dog to our home. I gotta say though, Dottie has been the BEST therapy for Sage.  We all adore her. She is the best. She is a 3.5 year old Cavapoo (poodle and cavalier king charles spaniel mix) .  I will post pictures later as I'm on the Chromebook.

We appreciate your prayers as we still need to have 1 or 2 more conversations with our neighbors about what the future plan is for the dog.  In came into our yard to bite Sage.  I am terrified to be in the yard with the kids now. They have worked with us very well and are horrified by all of this but something needs to be DONE.

More later.  Hoping for a boring week!

No comments: