Sage jumped for the first real time yesterday at First Baptist Church in Gaithersburg. We were waiting for mother's day out to start and she got really low to the ground and jumped and caught some air.
In the past month or so Sage's new thing has been, "I want to sweep/sleep wif mommy/daddy". We rarely indulge her of course but we do take opportunities to snuggle w/ her in bed. She tries to delay bedtime with this statement.
Now when I read to Sage she tries to hold the page as I do; with her fingers on the back of the book and her thumb holding the page down. After dinner tonight I cracked up. I was telling Sage to do something and she said, "Oh mom, don't tell me what to do." I had to ask Lance if that was really what she said & he said it was.
Ainsley's gymnastics class is over tomorrow. I'm so glad. It's hard to entertain Sage for the 45 minute class. It also means it's a really late afternoon for us w/ us getting home from class after 2pm. I'm ready to be playing outside soon in the sunshine. While Ainsley has learned from the class, it's more about being with her friends and having fun. But I have already warned her that we're not signing her up again.
We got out the math drill books again. I don't like to push her to work in them but she wanted them and was working out subtraction problems in the car.
Lance and Ainsley have been writing books together. Very cute.
Today I was in charge of both the drop off and pick up for preschool. I got so frustrated trying to squish the 3 kids in the back seat & then I hit my head getting Sage in her seat. Lance claims we can buy a van in August. I don't know what he is waiting for. Why not March?? His temporary "fix" for my irritation is to turn off the air bag so 1 of the kids can be in the front w/ me but that freaks me out to consider.