I think I made that word up. But "overwhelmed" is definitely how Lance and I have felt this week when we think about putting our house on the market. My friends that have sold homes with young children have warned me that 1. it's awful and 2. it's very stressful. Not super appealing. But it makes sense to try right now to sell. Even if we wait a year, it's still going to be awful and stressful. The kids won't be all that much older to make it any better & then we'll have an infant to top it off! I'm starting to go nuts w/ just having 1 bathroom upstairs now. It seems like every morning we ALL have to be in there at 1 time and it's all bad. It's just a badly designed bathroom for all of us to be using at the same time.
I made some great progress today though. I went to Home Depot to set up a carpet estimate for Monday and Tues. I have a flooring company coming out to give me an estimate on finishing up the hardwood floors. Lance did a great job but could not complete the huge task in just 4 days. He has given up in the bathroom (around the sink) and the pantry floor needs to be finished. So we'll see what it will cost to finish those areas and to get the full family room done. I must say that it makes a world of difference aesthetically and that is what we need in a buyer's market right now.