This has been an eventful week. Eventful with things I'd rather were not occurring in our lives.
We decided we'd definitely pay a company to finish the hardwood floors for us. But in order to do that, lance has to finish putting baseboards on the whole main level. It's hard to find the time b/c it's a loud job and someone is usually napping or in bed when he has free time. The baseboard project was supposed to be the only project going on b/c I need to get the job scheduled w/ the company sooner than later.....well....
Wed. night I asked Lance if he had noticed the bubble in the ceiling in the family room (right by the stairs). Usually he has noticed all the flaws in the ugly textured ceiling and assures me not to worry it. But at 10:45pm he goes to touch it and his finger goes straight through the ceiling. Super. So. We have water damage. It's under the upstairs tub. This isn't a surprise to us. The whole time we've lived in this house we've wondered when it was going to happen b/c there is a distinct, disgusting smell that fills our closet when the water is running in the shower. He decides that it's too late to investigate and we decide to head to bed when Sage starts to cough. She started w/ a runny nose on Tues. and I was fearful it would turn into croup. I gave her the inhalers and start her steroid. I'm close to sleeping on the floor in her bedroom to make sure she is breathing okay, but I don't. Regardless, I don't sleep well b/c I'm worrying and Ainsley has a bad dream at 5:30am. Wed. she (Sage) seems better but by Fri. night she's coughing again badly at 5:15pm and I'm kicking myself for not taking her in to the doc. So I took her in this morning. Because she has had 3 episodes of wheezing she is officially labeled as asthmatic. I had asked for clarification on this. "Are we calling this croup?" because she was coughing but not like a seal. She has always, always been a cougher. The doc said, "no, it's asthma. Let's just call it what it is". So we continue the same regimen as usual but we'll continue her on 1 inhaler for a full month to get her lungs in good shape. If she even starts w/ a runny nose in the future, she needs to get on the Flovent inhaler pronto to try to keep her lungs good and try to keep her off the oral steroid (a version of prednizone b/c it's not something you want your kid on as it has lots of negative side effects and can suppress her immune system and other things....) She has coughed all day and is completely exhausted. She did not nap yesterday or today b/c of being uncomfortable and the oral steroid makes her crazy hyper. I still haven't processed this much as it's been a busy day trying to keep the kids out of Lance's way while he's working so hard on the baseboards. But I've already prayed that she will outgrow this diagnosis. The doc. was really encouraging that b/c Sage has no allergies associated w/ the asthma there's a good chance she CAN outgrow it. So start your praying!