Sunday, May 25, 2008

Hike & shopping

Yesterday we went hiking on Sugarloaf mountain after a picnic lunch. It was cool up on the mountain and perfect for hiking. Ainsley walked the whole thing. I was so proud of her. Sage was in the hiking backpack and was pretty content which surprised us. All was well until the end. The hike got really steep & was all uphill. I stopped several times to rest b/c my heart rate was skyrocketing and then it was super steep and climbing down rocks to get to the bottom of the trail. Not the best pick of trails for a 4 month pregnant person but we're all fine and not too sore.

Today I went maternity clothes shopping w/ Sarah and did not cry! I definitely have a "limit" for shopping though. Meaning, I can only try on so many clothes that look awful or ridiculous on me before I start to feel like a freak of nature. After awhile she could tell I was reaching my limit and we decided I should just buy 3 of the same style shirts and a pair of shorts. It's a good start. Then we went stroller shopping for her (well, really for Benjamin).

We're thinking of taking the girls strawberry picking tomorrow. The girls get excited to ride in the van still. Maybe we'll start the process of painting the dresser too.