Monday, June 2, 2008

Coughing again

I'm disappointed b/c Sage has a cold again & is coughing, coughing, coughing. She is pretty darn cheerful though and full of her normal energy. So much so, that I forget she really is sick and I have to remind myself both that play dates aren't such a good idea right now and I can't put her in the childcare at the gym. I looked at my calendar and it's only been 3 weeks since she has had a cold with this same cough. So much for warm weather curing the colds. I'll take her back to the pulmonologist tomorrow just to rule out wheezing. I expect it to be a waste of my time but if she is wheezing, it's important to know and treat so it doesn't get worse. I get confused b/c with this cough (what we once called croup) the pediatrician's office would almost always hear wheezing. But last time I skipped the ped. and went right to the specialist and he didn't hear wheezing. If there's no wheezing tomorrow, I'll be really suspicious of this whole asthma diagnosis which is fine by me! Of course the positive to remember is that she hasn't had an ear infection since JANUARY!

Last night Ainsley really surprised me. She asked to help w/ the laundry. Before I knew it she had gotten it all out of the dryer and carried it up both levels of stairs! Seeing as I huff and puff pretty considerably after such a "workout" that was really helpful!

I'm REALLY bummed to not be getting any relief from Zyrtec. I guess I'll give up on it soon since I really hate the idea of taking drugs while I'm pregnant. I'm not sure if I'll try something else, see an allergist, or what. I really struggle to enjoy myself outdoors though which is such a bummer as I normally love to be outside, especially with the girls! I even turned down strawberry picking (which I know they'd love) b/c I am so allergic to the hay they lay down between the rows of berries. I'm sure Lance can take them though.