Sunday, June 1, 2008

Summer planning

A: Mom, can I play Plobb (a video game) on the computer to entertain Sage?

S: Dere's pens in Daddy's coffee.
Sage really thought her observation was hilarious. She was commenting on the mug w/ pens and pencils I just put on my tiny desk in the basement. Anything resembling a mug is "daddy's coffee".

I just remembered at almost 10pm that I have to register A. for swim lessons tomorrow. It's a stressful experience b/c registration starts at midnight and the classes are small and limited blah blah blah.... Last year I tried at 6am to register her and the system was having all sorts of problems. I have to babysit early tomorrow morning so Lance has already been prepped that he'll likely have to deal w/ swim lesson registration on top of helping me get out the door at 8:15a. I'm excited though b/c I found a pool much closer to me than the 1 last year that is outdoors. She'll take 8 lessons in a row (4 a week 2 weeks in a row) so it's quite a commitment and I don't want to miss even 1 if we don't have too. Between vacations and VBS it's a juggling act to fit in. I tried to get lessons up and running at our n'hood pool but the pool company is lame and the woman I worked with last year doesn't work for the company any longer. I was pretty sure it wouldn't work out.

After babysitting we're taking a large pile of bags over to Goodwill. It's great to not have a huge pile in the basement anymore! I'm not sure what we'll do w/ our many books. Maybe Goodwill will accept them.