Saturday, May 31, 2008

Garage Sale

Well, I guess the garage sale was a bust. Clothes and books just aren't big sellers, but it was nice to spend the majority of the morning with our neighbors. The kids had fun playing and entertaining us and in all the down time (there was a lot of that!) Lance cut 2 branches off the tree in the front. We were babysitting our neighbor's son all day so we were going to be here most of the day anyway. I don't think I'll do another garage sale though. Too much work and effort. It took me quite a while to gather everything up after the sale and get it into the van too. I always try to give stuff to the Vets or whichever society/group is bringing their truck through the n'hood about every 6 weeks and I think I'll stick to that strategy.

Lance is convinced that Ainsley needs to learn how to ride her bike sans training wheels. So he took the t. wheels off and the pedals off so she can practice balancing on her own. I encouraged her to try pedaling on Thurs. but she fell and busted her knee. That afternoon she kept reminding me it was "all your fault" she hurt her knee. I kept reminding her that I had encouraged her to put on her knee pads and she didn't listen! I was afraid she'd never want to ride it again but today she was ready for the challenge AND put on the knee pads without me asking.

After dinner we were playing outside and Lance took the girls to the grass field by the tennis courts. I think they were rolling down the giant hill. Lo and behold when Lance was changing Sage, Ainsley identified a tick on her thigh. Disgusted! So now both girls have had 2 ticks this season. Lance didn't think this one had even bitten her so that is good.

The girls said some really funny things this week but I can't remember what they are! That's the whole point of my blog.... Sigh.
Here's a few...
One afternoon I treated the girls to popsicles on the deck. Sage needs hers cut up in a bowl. When she was finished she picked up the bowl and started drinking the juice. Ainsley told her not to do that and Sage yelled at her, "YOU'RE NOT MY MAMA". Sage is really in a yelling phase and if A. does ANYTHING to her (including touching the grocery cart she's sitting in) Sage starts yelling LOUDLY at Ainsley. We're working on that.

At the movies today Ainsley said to Lance, "Do they mean to have it up this loud?". She did a great job at the movies, BTW, and even encouraged our neighbor to say "thank you" for the movie.

I made the girls PB&J in whole wheat pita pockets for our picnic. We ALWAYS eat whole wheat bread of some sort. Sage ate 1/2 of the sandwich and asked for the second half. When I gave it to her she said, "Dis is whole wheat, I don't want it". I reminded her that we always eat whole wheat and she enjoyed the first half and she did eat it. I guess I didn't realize that she even knew that we eat whole wheat.

Lance overheard Sage ask Ainsley, "Do you remember the cricket book?" This is an Eric Carle book from the library that chirped. We probably got it 6 months ago. Funny she remembered it and she and A. were having this whole dialog about it b/c Ainsley did remember it.

I probably checked out at least 25 chapter books for A. from the library on Monday and she's finished almost all of them. I can't even try to keep up. She is such a reader. She will read books while walking out of the library to the car and then beg me to put 10 or more in the seat w/ her so she can read them on the way home (a 10 minute drive). She and Sage have both asked to listen to the french CDs in the car so we do.

One day Ainsley said, "Mom, sometimes I really enjoy cleaning". I'm still looking for the proof.