Our most exciting and fun news of the week is that we are going to have a SON!!! We're both still on a bit of a "high". We found out this Thurs. June 19th. I was SHOCKED!! Lance said he was too. I was mostly shocked b/c I had no idea the tech was investigating the genital region so when she said something like, "It looks like it's a little boy" I was stunned. It was really fun and a HUGE surprise to us. We figured we only make girls. Ainsley is happy about it too which is also a surprise since she's been talking about wanting another sister and all her babies are girls.
Backing up a little to June 12-15th.....Ron and Lori blessed us with our first trip away together in over 5 years! We've gone away for 1 night here and there but this was 3 nights and it was great. We just went to the beach in Delaware where we relaxed, read, and enjoyed the quiet and each other. I think the Goods had fun with the girls too. Thank you so much for taking such good care of them while we were away!!! It's a pretty big job if I do say so myself so we are appreciative that Ron and Lori were up for the huge responsibility.
Update on Lance's health-all looks well. He saw the urologist on Tues. who said that his infection was related to a hair follicle or something like that. He was pleased with how the infection site looked so we are thankful. Lance has been saying all along that he didn't feel it was cellulitis and isn't it nice that both doctors are in agreement :) There is not an internal infection as the ER doctor had said.
A few weeks back I allowed Ainsley to go to a birthday party and I have regretted it ever since that day....that is another blog entry in and of itself...but while she was there she hit her front, top teeth on her knee while sliding down a slide and her front 2 teeth appear dead. They look discolored to both Lance and I. She sees the dentist on Monday so we'll get the official word on them then. I hope they don't turn anymore grey. These sorts of things don't happen on my side of the family :)
Sage had her 4 month follow up appt. with the ENT this week. One of the first things Dr. Daly said when he looked at me was, "Are you pregnant?" I told him he was a brave man for asking such a bold question. He said, "you're starting to get the pregnancy mask" referring to the 1,000 freckles & pigmentation changes on my face. Moving on.....Sage's tubes, especially the right one, don't look great but after some testing he decided that they are doing exactly what they need to be doing. I'll take it! We go back in Oct. to check them again and to see if they have fallen out. I'm really hoping and have prayed that they will stay in 1 more winter and then fall out on their own.
This week I was getting all my ducks in a row to see a client. Lo and behold, when I looked at my license it had expired on 5/30! I had not received the paperwork/reminder letter from the board as I'm supposed to so you can imagine how happy I was to get slapped with a $50 late fee. Over $300.00 to keep my license current. I don't want to go inactive but it still is steep when I'm not working. I also purchased malpractice insurance this week. I think I spent over $500 in about 20 minutes on the computer working all these things out. I saw my client twice this week and the dad just wrote me that they don't want to continue w/ speech-language services. His reasoning isn't great but I'm fine letting it go. I realized in the 2 visits I had with their family that I don't want to be doing home visits. Travel time alone on top of gas is a waste of time and energy and you never know what condition the home is until you walk inside!!!!
Goals for the next four months, hopefully to be finished this summer.
1. Transfer info from blog into baby good's journal-huge & overwhelming goal
2. Order and put pictures into photo albums-huge goal
3. Update Sage's baby book-not too huge, started it this week
4. Get girls' bed, paint dresser & walls-huge for Lance, not for me as much :)
5. Maybe get our king bed-a fun goal!
6. Get maintenance work done on Avalon and sell the Geo.
7. Work on CEUs.
2 comments:
FYI: The date seems to be off on your blog. The most recent posting is dated Wed., June 18, and in it you mention that you found out you're going to have a SON on Thurs., June 19. But then again, maybe you're psychic! LG
Now I am pretty amazing, but sure I'm no psychic. :) I think I had started a draft of that blog on Wed. but I'll have to double check.
Post a Comment