Poor Sage. It's been EXACTLY 3, and only 3 weeks since her last "cold". She runs like clockwork-or at least her nose does. She was pretty unhappy this morning and not herself. Off and on throughout the day she would just cry and act pretty miserable. So we anticipate the coughing to start tomorrow and last a good 4 days or so. I still can't bring myself to make the call to get the CT scan done b/c I find it hard to believe that she has something going on with her sinuses b/c it's always clear snot. A lot of it, but clear and never a fever with it. Her ENT ran down the list of sinus infection symptoms and she didn't have any of them..... But why in the world would she continue, in summer, to get these "colds" every 3 weeks??????? Also, the pulmonologist has never heard her wheeze when I've taken her in while she was sick and I think we're both doubting that she even has asthma. I also can't make the call b/c I have already done that 1 time--listen to the doctor who told me to get her lungs x-rayed against my better judgment and I was angry at myself for DAYS after that....Obviously I'm still not over it! But I KNEW she did not have pneumonia......A mother's guilt...I'm not ready for advice on this yet....
These past couple of days I was reflecting on having Lance working from home and I realized that now I like it! It was not an easy transition for me and at first I thought "this is going to be awful for our marriage" but now we have a bit of a routine and I enjoy seeing him more throughout my day and I love that the girls see him at lunch and for his coffee breaks. That is a huge blessing for them and they have no idea how rare it is.
Speaking of having Lance at home....Lance and I were sitting at the kitchen table on Monday and we heard Sage fall down the basement stairs. It was awful. And the weird thing about it is that I had JUST told her (within 10 minutes of her fall) as she was walking down the upstairs flight that if she falls, it is really going to hurt. She can't reach the railing but she wants to take the stairs like the rest of us and it finally happened. Thankfully they are carpeted and so is the b'ment but it was terrible to see her all crumpled up in a crazy position on her head and arm at the bottom of the stairs. All the crying was hard but we are always thankful for the crying when they fall b/c we know they are still alive and working! She was fine after Lance shared his PB & J with her (which he brought with him when he flew down the stairs to help her) and I haven't even seen any bruises which is shocking b/c it sounded like a tough fall.
This next comment just made me laugh and laugh and laugh. On Sat. Lance looked at me and said, "So, are we doing something fun today or are we nesting?" Poor guy. Of course the answer is "nesting, always nesting". The next 4 months will go by quickly and we have to get the girls' room ready to share. So we spent the bulk of Sat. priming the wardrobe and tonight he'll put the 2nd coat of white paint on it. It looks so great! I will research new hardware tonight.
I'm not sure how it happened but Ainsley has poison ivy all over her. Poor thing. I hope it stops spreading. She's pretty itchy. Of course the doctor wanted to see her but we've already gone to the dentist this week......blah blah blah. But I will take her in if I don't see an improvement by Fri. I can only get rid of PI by getting a steroid shot and I hope she doesn't follow in my footsteps.
Speaking of dentist...I took Ains to see my dentist on Monday and she did a great job. Her front 2 teeth are dead but they should fall out before or when she is 6 and no one thought is was anything to worry about. Nothing you can do about it anyway. Her bottom 2 teeth are a tiny bit loose. I was so happy when the hygienist told me that they wouldn't even think of doing x-rays until she's about 8. Finally, a dentist I don't have to fight about x-raying my kids' head!
I try not to be too much of an SLP with my kids but every once in awhile......
Sage still has a nasal "s" which makes it hard for others to understand her. My current technique is to hold her nose to try to encourage her to switch the airflow to out of her mouth instead. Yesterday I asked her what letter I was pointing to (an S) and she automatically held her own nose to try to say "s". She's still a long way from getting it but it cracked me up.
No comments:
Post a Comment