We're in between road trips so I thought I had better catch up while I have computer access.
Sage's cold tricked us. She came down w/ the runny nose on Wed. which usually means the coughing begins on Thurs. I'm glad that it didn't start Thurs. b/c we went to PA for some fun time w/ Rhodie that day...but the coughing started on Monday. We've called it the "delayed onset" cough. She is doing fine with it and once she finally falls into a DEEP sleep (which can take hours) she doesn't cough. I'm still hopeful that she's going to outgrow this. We can literally plan our calendar around her "cold". I refuse to go to either the pediatrician or the pulmonologist for it though.
Last Thurs. we went to Rhodie's for tubing. It was a bummer that the water was so cold but the whole point is to see Aunt Rhodie and we always have fun when we do. 3 whole seconds after Sage's feet landed in the water she said, "Get me out, it's freezing!" or something like that. She and I went down the river once and Ainsley and Rhodie went twice but stopped when A's lips started to turn blue. Then we had lunch at Rhodie's and on the way out of town we had some tasty ice cream. It was a good day. I think my solo-road trip days w/ the girls are over as I was pretty wiped the next few days.
Ainsley's poison ivy is pretty much gone. Hooray. I was close to taking her to the doctor on Fri. and gave her the choice making sure she knew that she'd likely get a shot to stop the spreading. At first she wanted to go and said, "I don't mind" to the getting a shot part but then she said she didn't think she needed to go and by Sunday it was looking much better. I was pleased to find Target brand Calamine lotion in CLEAR! No more pink smudges all over your body. Still the same smell though which made me think back to my days at camp.
We're off to Bedford for the 4th. Lance gets Thurs. and Fri. off which is a treat.
The dresser is painted white and looks GREAT! Thanks to Lancey for all his hard work and for joining me in my nesting! We're struggling to find pulls and knobs that 1. match and 2. fit the same measurements. But we've found a few options online that will have to work. I just can't put the eagles back on the thing! We went to Home Depot this weekend to 1. look for hardware for the dresser and 2. decide on paint for the kids' rooms and didn't make any decisions for either project! It was a little frustrating to feel like we wasted a trip. Sigh. I would like to put a very pale pink in the girls' room and he'd like to put up a BOLD, deep pink instead. I think we might have agreed though on a blue for the nursery. I was annoyed that Home Depot doesn't make tiny sample cans of the paint like Lowe's does. Too much pressure!
I took the girls to an outdoor concert yesterday (with Trinda and her girls) and the pool today. The theme of each outing is that I have 1 child who would stay and play all day and I have another child, who after 15 minutes is saying either, "I'm hungry" or, more likely, "I want to go home". Sigh. However, while we were at the pool today I caught Sage counting 1-10 in FRENCH. Amazing to me!
Happy Birthdays to Ron (July 3) and Dad (July 5).
No comments:
Post a Comment