Saturday, July 12, 2008

Whatever I can remember/ 24 weeks

I titled this entry "whatever I can remember" b/c my brain is SO foggy these days. I am literally not the same person (at least that is how it feels to me). Melissa recently found out that this issue can be a result of low iron so I'll be glad to get that checked at my 25 week appt. on Fri. I have made weird decisions all week and today made 2 wrong turns trying to get to Lowe's. I hate this feeling and I'm sure it's annoying my family members.

Wed. night we had waffles for dinner. Sage hates to get sticky hands. Half way through dinner she starts getting really bothered by the syrup on her arms and hands and saying, "I'm sticky, wash my hands" over and over and with varying degrees of urgency while clawing at her skin. We were just cracking up at her b/c she was acting a little OCD-like and she busts out with, "IT'S NOT FUNNY!" Of course that made us laugh harder and harder....to hear such an adult phrase from her little body...and she just kept repeating it, "IT'S NOT FUNNY!" to which we just kept on laughing. Funny girl.

We had VBS this week at our church and the girls and myself participated. It's fun to watch them there. They both did great. Our church was raising money for school supplies for a church in WVa. and both girls enjoyed putting their money in the "girls" bucket each day. It was quite the competition b/w the girls and boys as to who could raise more $$. One day the boys won and I asked A. if she was disappointed. I was so proud when she said, "No, I was happy for Liam and Samuel" (neighbors that also went to VBS with her this week). Very sweet. It was so nice to hear this from her b/c I really struggled w/ parenting her this week. REALLY struggled. The sweetest times for me at VBS came when I would sit at the back of the chapel and watch the girls up front. Their classes sat in the very front and they both would turn to wave to me several times each chapel session and I loved when they would wave to each other from across the aisle. They both memorized Heb. 12:2 this week.

Lance and I have discussed visiting 1 or 2 churches in the area. I'm just disappointed w/ our church these days. Both of us don't feel at home like we should after nearly 1.5 years there. I also don't click with many women there at all. I'm not looking for 15 new best friends. Lord knows I don't have time for more friends but I just feel awkward around these women and like I don't fit in or even want to TRY to fit in. Lance sees it too with some of the men and women. I also feel like the women's ministry is lacking and there children's ministry feels just so-so to me......I STILL miss VCFP in CA.

Pregnancy stuff, just to document: I'm officially 24 weeks so I can breath a little sigh of relief that this baby could live if he were to come now (but please don't!). Still strength training at the gym 1 night a week, need to add more cardio to the regimen. Rib cage pain comes and goes....I suspect this baby will be bigger than Sage. My tail bone has a mind of it's own. It moves to it's own beat and pops but doesn't hurt!!! Pelvic bones are starting to move (why so early in the pregnancy???) and one morning around 4:30am (I know the time b/c I was up w/ A. who had a nightmare) I wondered if my bones might snap in half. Better today for sure. Baby boy Good is moving all the time. Love it! A. felt him move for the first time this week and her face LIT up. It was fun. Still looking for a name for this little fellow. Each time we consider a name we always compare it to the one we liked from a few weeks ago but there are 2 versions of that name that we still must decide between and what to use for a middle name??? One day Samuel came over to play and when his mom dropped him off, I said to a friend, "here's my little man" and it shocked me that soon I would be saying that of my own child!

Furniture stuff: the girl's dresser is painted, we're waiting for the handles and knobs to come in the mail. It wasn't easy to find hardware that fit the same measurements. When I finally got to Lowe's today I looked at so many pinks and blues! Lance wants BOLD colors. I might be able to convince him to do the bottom of the girls' walls in bold pink and a super light pink (almost white) on top. Still deciding on their bed. It's not a big room!

I had several topics to write about but of course I can't remember them all now......

No comments: