I remembered I wanted to write about our 4th. We headed down to Bedford to my parent's mountain house to celebrate the 4th and Dad's birthday. Mom, Dad, and Mike met us there. We had a nice time. It is a relaxing place to be....if only Sage would not insist on waking up at 5:30 or 6am when we go on vacation! I should not complain. It's only b/c she was in our room with us. Ainsley did get stung. Seems like the trend for her is getting stung 1x a summer.
Sage and Lance really like to cuddle before bed. She was sucking her thumb (big surprise) while they were cuddling and Lance pretended to suck her other thumb. In response she said, "It's yummy, isn't it?" I've slowly tried to work on the thumb sucking. I'd like it to end by age 3. When she watches a movie/TV now I ask her to take her thumb out of her mouth. She knows that when Lance is around though she can suck it and get away with it! She specifically looks for me before indulging.
I was about 80-90% sure we were going to buy the girls a reversible bed which we were going to use like a bunk bed (with Sage's mattress on the floor). But I just can't do it. I can't expect them to make good decisions all the time and I have a sneaky suspicion that bad things might occur should we purchase the bed for them. I also want to know that if I'm downstairs and they are upstairs playing, that they aren't both on the top bunk or jumping off the thing. I already don't like Sage on Ainsley's high bed as it is. She likes to stand on it and it scares me to death. So we're reconsidering a trundle for their room or just putting the cot back in there for A. and putting a mattress on the floor for S. so she can get adjusted to a bigger bed. It also buys us some more time and we would only have to purchase the mattress for her now and see how it all shapes up. I will be a little sad though that if we go the cot/mattress route (for now).... that it won't match and be super cute!
I'm back into clothe diapers again. I've been wanting to try them again for Sage (I had a diaper service for her the first few months of her life and used a diaper service the first 2 years of A's life) but my schedule during the school year was too hectic and she was in a few nurseries each week and I refuse to ask nursery workers to deal with clothe diapers. I was just getting ready to buy a few when my neighbor brought over several for me to borrow! Hooray. These diapers are different from my diaper service diapers. Melissa can correct me here but I'd say they are more closely like the all-in-one diapers than anything else. I just velcro on the clothe part and then velcro on the elastic pants to go over that. Pretty easy and fast. There is also a liner that looks just like toilet paper (reinforced) that you tear off and put in the clothe part for poops. Then I just flush that when it gets pooped on! It will mean more laundry for me so we'll see how I feel about it in 1 month. After 1 day I'm good with it. Sage tells me that they feel tight but I told her "These are your new diapers. You can use them or go in the potty!" Using the clothe will cost us $$ in water usage but I just can't imagine it not being so much cheaper than disposable diapers that cost me $35.00 a box and I use the generic diapers from Costco! We'll see. And of course they won't be sitting in a landfill for the next 300+ years.
No comments:
Post a Comment