Tuesday, July 15, 2008

She really does get it/ 25 week appt.

I've been really impressed with Ainsley's swimming this summer. I thought that 4 lessons this week and 4 next might be a waste of time but it's been great for her. I can see her advance in her skills overnight-literally. I guess she is READY. She hates when I make her wear her float at the pool but when I'm there with both girls it's just too stressful for me when 1 of them or both of them refuse their floats. If she can get the arms, she can get freestyle down soon. She's got the posture and kicking down. She's also working on gliding and she is getting lots more confident going under the water and retrieving toys. Amazing that last summer we spent all summer just getting her to put her face in that water. Sage doesn't love the pool as much but if we throw some toys in and try to play with them, she's happier. One day she got so mad at me b/c I was holding her in the big pool. She was screaming for me to let her go b/c "I want to swim like Ainsley". That's been quite the battle. In the baby pool she "walks around" on her hands with her legs floating behind her commenting all along that she's "swimming like Ainsley". Why doesn't she want to pee on the potty like Ainsley??? :)

I had my 25 week appt. today and saw Dr. Renzi as Dr. Apgar was tied up at the hospital. I really like him. As he reviews my chart he mentions how quickly Sage was born and asks a few questions about that. I have had pain in my stomach this week and coincidentally while I was there today as well. He saw me grimace when he helped me onto the chair and we chatted about it. He poked my stomach a lot to narrow down where the pain was coming from. All over! My uterus is soft which is great. We talked about braxton hicks & true contractions and the difference between them. This is where my anxiety starts to kick in. I don't want to hear these words so early on....we move on to discuss testing for gestational diabetes and my Rho gham shot-both of which have to happen at 28 weeks and I'll be at the beach of course so I have to go back in 2 weeks for quite an extended appt. at 27 weeks. I'm still having pain at the end of my appt. so we talk some more about the cause and when I tell him about my strength training class he asks about abdominal work and I admit to doing some, but in the proper way...he told me that it's a waste of time at this point and to stop doing them. He even wrote it in my chart. So the likely cause of my pain is musculature and will hopefully get better over the next few days. Just pray that really is the cause and that the pain will go away. It causes me to be fearful and worry.

When I got home from my appt. and giant shopping trip to Costco (the zoo) Ainsley wanted to show me what she was working on the magnadoodle. Low and behold she had drawn out the whole salvation plan (mostly correct)...Jesus on one side, God on the other , and the cross inbetween. And then she explained it to me. Her VBS teachers will be thrilled to know! She really pays attention and she really does get it.

I'll end w/ a funny from Sage. For some odd reason my babysitter let Ainsley put a clothe diaper on Sage. Of course she couldn't get it on perfectly and I notice Sage has quite a wet bottom. I head upstairs to clean her up and I ask her...."What's on your butt?" Without batting an eyelash she replies, "we don't say butt". BLAST! Caught again!

No comments: