Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Bloodwork results/Chincoteague

I could write about so many things as it's been awhile since I've updated. I should start with some "funnies" from the girls.

Sage has quite a nasal /s/. It's almost painful to try to imitate. Try it, make an /s/ through your nose, I bet you can't do it! Anyway. We were chatting about it as we were driving somewhere and Ainsley piped in with, "yeah, her nose does all the work". Very funny.

Sage is her father's daughter. If you ask her what her favorite color is, she always replies, "black". The girl LOVES black. She wanted to paint her new room black and when we go to art class she always wants the black paper, black paint, black ANYTHING.

The girls' room is FINISHED. The walls are painted, furniture moved in, and clothes/closet organized. I tried to send out pictures but it didn't work, I'll have to try later. We tried 3 nights this week to have them fall asleep in there at the same time and it was a slight, but anticipated failure. They did not go to sleep until after 9pm b/c of talking but they still wake up at 6:15am. Last night Ainsley got fed up with Sage talking to her and just went and fell asleep in our bed. Lance can pick Ainsley up and move her to another bed and the girl still doesn't wake up. We have to remember though that Sage is adjusting to so much at 1 time--new room, new paint, a sibling in her room, new bed, a pillow and a sheet for heaven's sake! She loves her big girl bed and is doing well in it, better than I anticipated. As she's made the switch to her toddler bed Lance asked if she wanted her special blanket and she said "no and I don't want panda either". Surprise! She isn't too fond of having to nap in her crib but that's just for 2 more weeks until Ainsley starts school! Speaking of which....

Ainsley is starting school in 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!! I'm not ready, but will I ever be? She definitely is and she has a new backpack and 2 bags full of items we were required to purchase for classroom use! We have gotten a few phone calls from her school, the PTA, and the transportation department to give us a "head's up". I called the school today b/c we have not received our summer mailing yet and confirmed that she does get to meet her teacher and see her classroom the day before school starts. I'm thankful for that! I'll be interested to find out the bus schedule. I hope she isn't on it for too long. The current plan is to have her ride the bus both to and from school at least for the first week of school so she knows how to do it both ways. But if she's going to be on the bus for an hour coming home and not getting home until 4:30pm, I'll likely pick her up in the afternoons. She's only 5!

Our vacation in Chincoteague was great!!! Sage started with her usual cold on our drive down, but we decided to ignore it and it passed pretty quickly with coughing only 2 days and her runny nose for a full week. I really don't think she has asthma. We've spent hundreds of dollars on this child's medical bills to decide that we don't think she has it....sigh. But it's better than having it! While the girls were both too afraid to swim in the ocean, they both wanted to be in it more this year so we had our eyes on them every second. Lance bought a raft which he called a "boat" and went out pretty far in the ocean with it and was able to swim right next to about 20 dolphins. Very cool. The girls rode ponies, played in the HUGE holes Lance dug for them everyday at the beach, played putt putt, fished for crabs (we caught 3), went for a bike ride with daddy (he pulled them behind him) and had ice cream at least twice! BTW, Sage requested "black ice cweam" both times :) No one wanted to come home but since we've been home we've had BEAUTIFUL spring like weather-in the 70s with NO humidity. That's been helpful. It was actually too chilly to swim today and Sage cried all the way home from the pool b/c she was cold.

I talked to a nurse yesterday and all my bloodwork results were good. My glucose was 93, my iron was "excellent" and I have not been exposed to Fifths disease as there was some concern after a recent playdate.....I still will need to chat w/ the doc about my concerns regarding being Rh- but that can wait until my next appt. in 2 weeks at which point I'll be close to 31 weeks! I'm pretty frustrated b/c after I work out I am in a lot of pain the next few days, particularly with my pelvic bones. Today my bones and round ligaments have been hurting which is pretty discouraging, especially when I think about all the laundry I need to do and the floors need to be vacuumed but I can't do it without significant help from Lance......but it WILL be worth it!

We are in the process of buying a new KING-SIZE bed. We have it picked out, we just have to pick out a new mattress. We hope to do that this Sat. b/c Lance is in CA for work for all of next week. Then I'll order the bed. I slept so much better on vacation in a bigger, softer bed.

Before I forget, my current cell phone number won't work after the 23rd of this month. We're ditching our current plan and moving towards "pay as you go phones" for emergencies only. Lance now has a phone and I'll send out the numbers when mine switches over to a MD number, but only call us if you really have to on the cell phones.

That's all I can remember for now!

No comments: