A: Mom, you should have cheerios too because they lower your cholesters (trying to say cholesterol). This child reads the back of every cereal box we have and you can tell!
This past week felt like a "monster week" to me. Here's the short of it:
I took Sage back to Dr. R (pulmonologist). On the way there I really felt like I had made the wrong choice in taking her b/c she was just coughing like she always does and Lance didn't think she needed to go in and I had to make the decision to take her in very quickly w/0 discussing it with him....but they have a hefty cancellation fee so we went anyway. Plus I really needed to know if she was wheezing. Thankfully she wasn't. I should say that before we went in I gave the girls some strict instructions on how to act when the doc came in b/c he is very busy and has a lot to chat about and I can't have the 2 of them chatting w/ him at the same time. I was mainly talking to Ainsley...she did a GREAT job. The best I had ever seen. She just sat there and read books like I asked her to and she didn't even try to have a discussion with the doc. Anyway....back to the appt. What Dr. R. finally said is that Sage gets this "cold" induced cough every 3 or 4 weeks and that just isn't normal for any 2 year old. He would like to rule in or out a chronic sinus issue but that would require a CT scan of her sinuses. When we give her the oral steroid it shrinks everything, including her sinuses if they are a problem which could be why it works for her. As with the tubes, we aren't ready. I just hate to radiate her head. I consulted with the pediatrician. She encouraged me to get the scan but even said that it's rare for kids this age to have sinus issues b/c their sinuses are so small. So we'll wait and see how summer treats us. If it continues though, it will probably have to be done as Dr. R said that information from the CT scan would greatly affect his plan of care for Sage.
Everyone (all 5 of you!) reading this already know that Lance was very ill this past week. Having power out only complicated things by A LOT. He ended up at the ER due to power outages affecting us and our doctor. He had a high fever at least 3 or 4 days in a row. Surprisingly, it shot up to 104!!! the night he got home from the ER. That put the fear of Jesus into him and he tried calling the ER but they won't give advice over the phone of course. He just took another Tylenol and it immediately came down. The final diagnoses: cellulitis and epididydmitis. Cellulitis (I think) is in the same family as a staph infection so I am anxious for this thing to go away completely. The ER doc even told him that if it gets worse or if the infection seems to get bigger he HAS to go back to the ER for more treatment. Of course Dr. Good disagrees with the diagnoses but has to follow up with a urologist the beginning of this week anyway to make sure all is going well. We assume the antibiotic is working as he hasn't had a fever in a few days & has less pain. We're thankful!
While all of this was going on sweet Ainsley made him a get well card on all her own! Totally surprised us all.
Something fun-this morning at 4:58 exactly Baby Good decided to wake me up. It is nice to feel him/her move even if it did involve waking me up! Our BIG ultrasound is June 19th. And the answer to the million dollar question....will you find out the gender??? is "maybe". It's the exact same for us as it was with Sage...Lance wants to find out and I'm fine with waiting. I don't want to fight about it though for sure. Literally, we decided (with Sage) when I was on the table, goo on my belly, and the tech asked us if we wanted to know. So I'm not making any promises. I don't buy into the whole "I'm a planner" mentality (for myself). Our nursery is gender neutral anyway, so all I need is diapers and some clothes if it's a boy. I'm not worried about it. I care more about getting the girls' room ready for sharing! Lots to do there. Oh, we might have found our boy name but it's a secret for sure!
As I sit here my feet are getting swollen so it's time to get up and clean clean clean. There's a lot to clean and do before we head out of town for our 10 year anniversary beach trip WITHOUT children on Thurs!
1 comment:
I don't know if I can wait to find out the gender. Does that count?!!? :) JK!!
Melissa
Post a Comment