The past 2 weeks have been a little lonely for me. It feels like my life has revolved around getting Ainsley to and from school and not knowing what to do with myself in between those 2 events. It's definitely an adjustment. Community Bible Study and Mother's Day Out both start this coming week, so I'll have a better idea of what my weeks are going to be like for the rest of the school year, well, or until the baby comes.
I've "made friends" with people at the transportation dept. of Montgomery County. Ainsley has been getting to school late and getting home late. When I called her school to check on the time the bus is getting there in the morning they said that her bus was getting there unacceptably late (9:30am) and they wanted me to call the transp. dept. about it. While her getting home late only inconveniences me, they don't want her missing class time in the morning. I called and have been so impressed w/ the people I've spoken to. They were very nice and paid attention and eventually I got passed to 3 different people-the last of which was one of the supervisors. When the regular driver drives her bus (Mr. Lee) she is always late. But when the substitute driver drove, she was early to the stops and not nearly as late getting her to school and home. I think I called Mr. Thompson around 2:30 on Wed. and was shocked that he was at the bus stop 2 hours later! He was checking up on the driver and told me there was an error on the route that needed to be fixed. He said the situation was "unacceptable" . I'm hoping for changes to happen this week. I volunteered in her class on Fri. and brought her home. The best I can do is get us home 3:55 so I am hoping that she'll get to her stop by 4:10 or so. That reminds me. When I told her I was volunteering again she said she didn't want me to volunteer b/c she didn't want to cry again!
It's been exactly 5 weeks since her last cold and Sage is at it again....today is better. She was very croupy on Fri. night and I anticipated getting no sleep, but we dragged out the nebulizer and asthma drugs and she really responded to them this time???!!! She slept all night which was HUGE. She had the worst sounding cough I'd heard and strider when she was inhaling. Yesterday she coughed all day, about every 20 seconds. It's very frustrating for her and for us to listen to and watch her being uncomfortable. But she was pretty happy.
Sage knows all of her letters (capitals). Sometimes she gets confused on Y and calls it U or V. So we'll move on to lower case but I think she knows most of those already. Her latest obsession is the farm puzzle. She likes to work it about 20 times a day. I guess her other obsession is Barbie! Lance let the girls watch a Barbie movie at the beach and Sage begs for it everyday now. Of all horrors!
We got our king headboard/footboard on Thurs.! It's beautiful. It looks very grand in our small bedroom but we still have plenty of room.
Baby Good: I have an appt. on Tues. but I am SURE that either this baby has grown or I have shrunk. I have been much more uncomfortable when he chooses to do gymnastics in my womb. I hope he is no longer measuring "small". I'll be shocked if he is. Last Fri. I could barely walk I was in so much pain. Unfortunately I was also trying to work in A's classroom so that was frustrating. I had to hold my stomach in order to walk. Thankfully, that pain is gone for now.
Ainsley has come home with some new "learned" things. Things like "Bubble gum bubble gum in a dish, how many pieces do you wish". I had forgotten that one! And she knows how to play rock, paper, scissors now too! She has started to pick up some French so that is good. She was talking about how some kids on her bus were playing with ewoks from "Star Warts". I just had to laugh. Each time she called it "Star Warts". She is so happy to see us when she gets off the bus but then her attitude turns sour once we get in the car. I'm praying about that......
Happy Grandparents Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment