Tuesday, September 9, 2008

32 week appt.

Had my 32 week appt. w/ Dr. Apgar today. I was there all of 10 minutes which was nice. All is going well and the baby measured just perfect, not small this time. I was 100% sure he had grown b/c I can feel every movement he makes (some of which take my breath away!) and I can tell a big difference in my stomach when I bend over (which happens as little as possible!).

Dr. Apgar told me that if there are any blood incompatibility issues, they will likely show up BEFORE the baby is born. Meaning, if my body is attacking his with antibodies (doubtful since I have gotten all my Rhogam shots) that he will show signs of significant anemia and lack of growth in the next few weeks in the womb. He also agreed with Dr. Tran and said that Sage's case was very rare and he was pretty confident we wouldn't be stuck in the NICU again, at least not for 6 days due to significant jaundice. Hooray! We'll check his growth via ultrasound in 4 weeks.

I have spent a lot of time the past few days washing baby boy hand-me-down clothes. I'm thankful for the clothes and just trying to figure out how many outfits we now have for each age. Lance picked up blue paint for the nursery. No telling when he'll tackle that job. He's sick of painting, but I can't do it pregnant. That's the last big job that we plan to take on for quite some time....that and cleaning out the garage again. I hate a cluttered garage!

No comments: