Wednesday, October 15, 2008

ENT appt.

Blast! Sage is down to 1 tube in her left ear. The right ear PE tube has fallen out. I was so hoping we'd have 1 more full winter with these little green guys. The good news is that the hole has healed nicely in her right ear-no surgery needed to patch it. The tympanogram showed that there is no fluid though in her right ear so that is good and the tube in her L ear is functioning fine.

Dr. Daly (ENT) is growing on me. He took a lot of time today to discuss Sage's overall health as I consulted w/ him after our last appt. with the pulmonologist who encouraged me to get a CT scan done on her sinuses to try to figure out why she was sick every 3-6 weeks. Still haven't done it (the scan) and I could tell that Dr. Daly didn't think a scan would be necessary either b/c the child has NEVER had a sinus infection. Never, ever. Her snot (sorry) is always clear.

So for now we are watching and waiting. The protocol is that if she gets 4 infections after the tubes are out, a second surgery will be needed to place a second set of tubes and her adenoids would likely need to come out with this surgery. I was really opposed to this idea when I first learned of it (of her adenoids coming out) but he did say that even if her adenoids are not huge (hers don't cause sleep disorders, she is not an open-mouth breather, etc) they can still be infected and cause a lot of sinus and upper respiratory issues! Hmmmm. Now he has me thinking....but we have lots to see and do and a baby to birth before then!


His staff kept asking me, "when are you due?" and it was WEIRD to say "2 weeks". I can't believe it! Our pre-birth delivery of clothe diapers arrived today! This IS going to happen! After almost a year of carrying a child, you do begin to think he may never get out! I've partly packed my bag and then realized that I need to pack a bag for the girls in case we're dropping them off at a friend's in the middle of the night. Can't expect everyone to have size 4 diapers in their home! My 38 week appt. is tomorrow. I have to give up my nap in order to make my 1:30 appt. I'm tempted to cancel it b/c I really need that nap! :)

Have a great day!

No comments: