Tuesday, October 21, 2008

ER update

An email I sent out earlier today......

Hey there,
Thank you so much for your prayers for Sage. She is doing better. The trip to the ER was somewhat uneventful which is good. Sage received an epinephrine nebulizer treatment which is a breathing treatment different from the ones we can offer her from home. She also had a chest x-ray done to rule out pneumonia. She had a tough time sleeping last night so Lance finally just gave in and gave her Benedryl b/c she had not rested much in the last 24 hours.

Her pediatrician has been great and very proactive through all of this. I can tell that she is very concerned for Sage. She called this morning and wanted to know if we had taken her to the ER and what happened there. I have a pulmonology appt. set up for 12/2 for Sage but Dr. Hall feels she needs to be seen sooner than that which has me a little anxious. She is calling Children's today to get the appt. bumped up. The ER doctor and Dr. Hall have both mentioned having an endoscopy preformed on Sage to see what her vocal cords and the anatomy surrounding that area looks like. Her cough just isn't "normal" and we need to try to figure out why. I think the idea is to go to the pulmonology appt. first and discuss an endoscopy while at that appt. So for now she will get an oral steroid for the next 5 days, breathing treatments twice daily, and Singular once a day. Please pray that the Singulair helps...helps her not get sick as often (every 3 weeks) and that when she does get sick, it will not be as bad/intense for her and us.

I think that is about all I can remember for now! Lance and Sage are pretty wiped out. They got home around 1am but neither of them slept well. I'm thankful that Baby Boy Good is still in the oven! I was a little nervous about how that would all play out if I went into labor last night! I'd love it if we could get Sage all good and healthy before he enters this world.

Thanks again for your precious prayers! We couldn't live without them!
Cristie

No comments: