Saturday, October 25, 2008

Waiting for Baby & Giggles

The girls are finally getting the hang of sharing a room. In the past and even some nights still start Ainsley off in our bed and Lance transfers her to her bed when we are ready for bed. But now they can usually start in the same room and do fine. One night when Lance was "making the transfer" Sage woke up and asked if Ainsley was going to sleep with her. I told her "yes" and she said, "I love when Anay sweeps wif me". Very sweet.

Every once in a while Ainsley will tell us, "I'm listening to everything you say". And sometimes she is. She was pretending to be Dr. Good and was writing a note as Dr. Good over the weekend. I thought it was pretty funny some of the things she wrote out phonetically. At the top she's written,
Good E. Sage
Prfikt (perfect) Madsine (medicine)
prite good (pretty good)
cwit (quite) cntagis (contagious)
vare good (very good)
This one is my favorite--age 2 in u haff

On the back side of this very official document she said she was listing some "idols" that we might need. What? I decided idols=items. This is how i KNOW she has been listening to the many conversations in our house the past week.
Prednzone (prednizone, Sage's oral steroid)
mit (miht) hav (have) azma (asthma)
anubiotek (antibiotic)

Keep up the good work Dr. Good!

Dr. Hall called me last week to see if Children's Hospital had called to bump up Sage's pulmonology appt. I had not heard from them so she called them a 3rd time on our behalf. The appt. is now scheduled for 11/21. I asked her some more about the possibility of Sage getting scoped and she said the point would be to look at her airway, not the cords so much. We're still thinking on all of this.... I'm still praying the Singulair will do the trick. She still has a touch of a cough and now a runny nose again. Not sure how that is humanly possible (to get a second runny nose 10 days after the first cold) ! The one night we didn't give her the Singulair she did a lot of coughing.


Yesterday it was so interesting to hear Ainsley playing with her dolls b/c she was talking in French! I can tell she really wants to be able to use this language she's learning. She told me she wants to be able to talk like her teacher (fluent in French).

On Friday my doctor told me he thought he would deliver me over the weekend. I didn't publicize it b/c I was pretty sure he was wrong! Lance is generally late for most things/events so maybe the baby is just starting off his life that way. Hopefully not! :) I think I had Ainsley 2 days before my due date so that means he'll come tomorrow. And that lines up with John Key's prediction. John is a funny old man that lives next to my parents in Bedford, VA. After spending much time looking in his farmer's! almanac, he decided Baby Good is coming tomorrow. I had a few more contractions over the weekend, nothing significant. I also experienced Braxton Hicks contractions on Sunday for the first time ever! Never had them w/ the girls. Just a tightening of the stomach but no pain, just annoying. I felt them while napping.

Mom came up yesterday. That is a great relief. She's spending a few days learning the girls' routines and such. It's a lot to teach someone especially with Sage's breathing treaments, medicine and doing the whole school thing with Ainsley. They are thrilled to have her here. So today I'm catching up on laundry while we just wait for this baby. Sage likes to help w/ laundry and I put her on the dryer so she can help throw clothes in the washer. She said, "Don't let me fall in". It made me laugh.

Lance and I took advantage of having mom here and went on a dinner date! We even had dessert. We NEVER order dessert!

Have a great week!

No comments: