Saturday, October 25, 2008

39 week appt.

My 39 week appt. was very frustrating. My doctor either has not been listening to me or made some decisions without my consent. Apparently he and the hospital were both expecting me for an inducement yesterday even after I told him I wasn't up for getting induced. Whatever. It is a good thing though that i chose not to get induced as I was only 1.5 cm dilated yesterday, 50% effaced and the baby is still high up in the birth canal (-3 presentation) . Had I gone ahead w/ the inducement it would have been a long day for me (most likely). Needless to say I was really irritated when I got home and Lance said the hospital had called and they were wondering where I was. No one from either the hospital or my doc's office had spoken to me prior to Friday's appt. about getting induced on the 24th. Wouldn't you think that's something really important and that you want to firm up the date/time and educate the patient on????

I had a few contractions on Fri. but only 1 that was intense at 10:34pm. Since then, no more. But my body is showing signs that it's going to be this week for sure! I'm ready! At times I am so uncomfortable and in quite a lot of pain. Thurs. night Lance thought I was in labor b/c I was crying through the pain but it was just b/c the baby was moving and there is such little space in there for him. I believe he'll be closer to Ainsley's size b/c I struggled carrying her in the end as well. Not as much with Sage. We'll see.

Sorry for the negative vibes....

No comments: