Friday, February 20, 2009

4 doctor appointments down, 2 to go

Finally. A week without a doctor's appointment! What a joy it was to return to normal life! Sage is not coughing. It is so peaceful and we are back to only 2 breathing treatments per day for her. Jude is still coughing but not too much and I never hear wheezing. A friend told me RSV can stay with an infant for 4-6 weeks which actually made me feel better about him still coughing. I hate to hear him choke though but at least now I know he's not going to die from the choking. We give him 2 breathing treatments a day also and I am so ready for those to end! Sage has her three year old check up on Thur. at the same time Jude has his 4 month appt. It will be good to get her ear checked again and his lungs listened to 1 more time.

Jude is really trying to suck his thumb. He gets it several times a day but he is still pretty uncoordinated and we are always giving him the pacifier to help him get to sleep. We still swaddle him for naps and this doesn't encourage thumb sucking either. I can't believe soon he will be 4 months old! He is getting really strong and when I carry him he almost grabs me with his body. It's hard to explain. Tonight he was laughing so hard at me zippering his sleeper that I had to keep doing it so everyone could hear him really laugh hard. It was precious.

Sage tried a gymnastics class across the street at Hill's gymnasium on thurs. and it ended with her in tears. She could not see me in the observation room and she just cried and cried and wanted to go home. I think it also threw her having a male teacher. He was so great with her but she wanted nothing to do with him. He encouraged me to bring her again but Sage doesn't want to go. It was a steep fee to pay--$18.00--just to try the class but I'm glad that's all I'm losing! Last weekend Sage accidently scratched Lance's face. I should post a picture! He has quite a mark still. Yesterday she spontaneously told him, "I'm sorry I scratched your face daddy". When did she grow up???

My girls could not be anymore different in some ways. Ainsley is going to try out a gymnastics class tomorrow and I'm pretty sure the only tears I might see are when the class is over and she has to leave! It's a trial class though, just to make sure! Sometimes she surprises me.

I don't like a lot of clutter or piles of paper (but I do have both in this house!). I don't know if I'll save Ainsley's report card or not. In case I decide to toss it I did want to "save" her teacher's comments...

"Ainsley has made excellent progress since November. She understand almost everything in Frnech. She is forming her own sentences in French and trying to conjugate verbs. She likes to help in the classroom. In concepts of print, Ainsley scored 16/16 points. She read 25/25 high frequency words. In hearing and recording sounds from a dictated sentence, she scored 15/15 points. In math, Ainsley mastered all the concepts presented: counting 1-31 in French, matching sets of objects to numerals, odd and even numbers, representing numbers in several ways, and ordinal numbers. During free choice time, she likes the art center especially. Bravo, Ainsley, for all your hard work." Trudie Toussaint, 2-09

My computer is having issues and is painfully slow to use at times so I apologize for not posting fun birthday pictures yet.
Have a super weekend!

No comments: