Tuesday, March 24, 2009

AZMA

In my house, AZMA is a four-letter-word. Sage is zooming full speed ahead into azma attack #3 in 6 weeks. I had such hopes for her b/c I have been praying like crazy and asking God to heal her of this disease. I am such a believer in the power of prayer and God's healing hand that I'm almost shocked that He hasn't healed her yet. When, Lord?? We've also been working SO hard as a family to remove dairy from her diet...SIGH. I even took her to the chiropractor yesterday to see if there was anything he could suggest b/c I knew where we were headed. Nothing helps.

When I heard her coughing at 4am I was so disappointed for her. I was up w/ Jude at 3:30a so I just went ahead and got her treatment going. She is such a trooper and never complains in the wee hours of the morning. We went ahead and gave her the dreaded prednizone already...hoping and praying that it will shorten the length of this attack and it's symptoms. I've started my research again on ways to help her (of which I can't find anything unless you call soaking 2 figs in water overnight and having her eat them in the morning "helpful". Where do you even buy a fig??). My eyes might fall out of my head from rolling them so frequently at these so- called homeopathic remedies that are sure to help calm her cough. Whatever.

I joined a yahoo group for parents of kids with AZMA. It has not been helpful but tonight there was finally 1 mom that wrote about her son's coughing and I emailed her a book. Our kids sound a lot alike. I don't think she can offer me any tricks that will help the cough but at least I know that I'm not alone in this and that Sage isn't either.

No comments: