Monday, April 13, 2009

No immunity issues...on the mend!

Jude is rolling! He is quick now with it. He can move a few feet by rolling which freaks me out a little bit! I have to start cleaning my floors more often (yesterday he had a gross hairball in his hand) and putting away toys with little pieces. He is going to really be moving soon. The girls crawled at 7 months. I suspect he might move earlier. We'll see.

Last week the pediatrician commented that she could see 2 teeth under his bottom gum. Sure enough Sunday night he started to cry. Jude only cries when he is tired or hungry. We were afraid it might be an ear infection but once the Tylenol kicked in he was fine. It could be months before those 2 teeth cut the gum. I dislike teething!

Jude sleeps in his carseat on the floor. The other day I heard him whining so I went to check on him and loh and behold that boy had gotten out of his carseat (he wasn't buckled in) and was on his tummy on the floor! Thankfully he did not get hurt. When he is 100% over this cold we are going to make him sleep in the crib. Imagine that! I don't want him to cry and cry though while he is still sick. Or ever for that matter! For now we just buckle him in the seat :)

Jude is getting better each day. We did not give him the prednizone. The doctor was not happy with this decision but we are. He gets about 3 breathing treatments a day now & will continue on the Pulmicort until the end of the month.
Today he has been saying "dadadadadadadada" with Lance which is fun.

The latest on Sage is fantastic news. Bloodwork came back good! No immunity issues. I really feel that if we can get her sinuses healthy she will be a much healthier little girl. 1 girlfriend in CA has 3 kids with sinus and asthma issues and I'm finding more and more moms in the same boat. Healthy sinuses = less asthma attacks. I'm researching ways to keep her sinuses clean at home (like with a netty pot). The same friend also has her kids on a prescribed mucus thinner that she says keeps her kids off steroids and antibiotics. Interesting stuff.

Sage is back "on" dairy. I'm not happy with this decision but Lance decided enough was enough. Ending the no-dairy diet is cheaper than a divorce so I caved.

Ainsley is back at school. She came home today with some artwork that I'd love to frame. I'll have to post a picture. Over the weekend I would not let her come on a walk with me b/c I was desperate for some alone time. Maturely, she said, "you hurt my feelings." Ouch. A few weeks ago she said, "Sometimes it feels like Sage and Jude get all the attention". Ouch again. I chatted with her about all of these ideas but it's still hard to hear.
This is pretty funny. We were watching her "ainsley video", specifically when she was 22 months old and throwing a tantrum...she throws the same, exact, tantrums now! just louder! I pointed that out to her :)

I'm excited to be getting a new computer! We decided to just get a monitor for $100.00 and use a computer Lance built a few years ago. Sweet.

Mom and Dad were here for a short visit over Easter. They were very helpful running errands, cleaning, doing LOTS of breathing treatments with Jude (SUCH a great break for me!) and helping with meals. Thanks mom and dad! BTW, the girls wore their new dresses today and they love them!

No comments: